Light-O-Rama Forums

mini-ShowTime Director

Antonio

Good afternoon.
I have a tree of 16 lines with 100 pixels each.
The question that I have it running with the mini director mp3 with a sequence created two years ago with the card that came with said mini director (mp3).
This year I have created a new sequence through Pixel Editor and when saving to another new SD card, it saves but I can't get it to work.
I have observed that the files saved on this card and that the program does not run are:
- SI CONFIG.CFG
- SI FILE01.SEQ

However, on the card that if you run the program, the files that appear are:
- SI CONFIG. CFG
- SI FILE01.ENH
- SI FILE01. EXH

I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you

I know nothing about directors, but I notice from your profile that you are on 5.1.4. There have been a lot of bug fixes since then. Might be worth a try

1 hour ago, Antonio said:

Good afternoon.
I have a tree of 16 lines with 100 pixels each.
The question that I have it running with the mini director mp3 with a sequence created two years ago with the card that came with said mini director (mp3).
This year I have created a new sequence through Pixel Editor and when saving to another new SD card, it saves but I can't get it to work.
I have observed that the files saved on this card and that the program does not run are:
- SI CONFIG.CFG
- SI FILE01.SEQ

However, on the card that if you run the program, the files that appear are:
- SI CONFIG. CFG
- SI FILE01.ENH
- SI FILE01. EXH

I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you

You purchased the LOR package so the top files are the LOR config file and the sequence

the bottom is the config, enhanced network (must be a pixie series controller)

Not sure what the exe is however if you changed your unit ID or you entire config it would not match the LOR config which would mean no lights. I imagine the mini director light stays on for a moment and then starts blinking, correct?

JR

8 hours ago, dibblejr said:

You purchased the LOR package so the top files are the LOR config file and the sequence

the bottom is the config, enhanced network (must be a pixie series controller)

Not sure what the exe is however if you changed your unit ID or you entire config it would not match the LOR config which would mean no lights. I imagine the mini director light stays on for a moment and then starts blinking, correct?

JR

I'm not sure, but I think both are network files.   I just know on my N4-G4 Director the files are listed like this:

S1FILE01.EN2 {EN3 and EN4} Denoting which Networks are used for the sequences.  There is no EN1, as that is my Regular LOR Network and doesn't need a special file to operate it.

The other I get is the same except the N is now an X:

S1FILE01.EX2 {EX3 and EX4} I think this denotes the Enhanced Extended Networks in use, Network 2 {Aux A-500K}, Network 3 {Aux B-1000K} and Network 4 {Aux C-500K} in my case.

Again there is no Network 1 as that is the Regular Network for my older CTB16PC Controllers and is non-enhanced and requires no special file or commands like Pixie2D or other RGB Controllers may require to operate correctly..

At least this is the perception I get from the files on my SD Card that runs my shows.

Shows that I have for my 1 channel music off hours sequences do not get these files at all because they are run strictly as an Regular Network, 115K, Non-Enhanced, or Non-eXtended networks.  But my overnight lights DO get these files because they use all 4 networks.

And the Mini Director is strictly a single network device, so if you have older PRE-Gen 3 CTB16PC Controllers and Pixie Controllers and run everything in Enhanced, chances are the show will bomb {it may/may not run, and if it does, it probably will not run correctly}, but if all GEN 3 Devices they should work fine using the Mini Director.

At least that's my understanding.  

If mixing older and newer devices you need a multi-Network Director like a G3 or G4 full unit with built in time clock, the G3 has 2 ports, so you can have a Regular{Network 1} and an Enhanced{Aux A-Network 2} or the N4-G4 that allows 4 Networks, Regular {Network 1}, Enhanced {Aux A-Network 2, Aux B-Network 3 and Aux C-Network 4}

Someone from LOR that knows more detail on and about these files will need to chime in on this, as I stated, from what I perceive of them, this is what I think they are for.

21 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

No sé nada de directores, pero noto por tu perfil que estás en 5.1.4. Ha habido muchas correcciones de errores desde entonces. Podría valer la pena intentarlo

Good afternoon, The version I have is 4.4.2
I will also tell you that my knowledge is limited.
Thanks for your input

20 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Compró el paquete LOR, por lo que los archivos superiores son el archivo de configuración LOR y la secuencia

la parte inferior es la configuración, red mejorada (debe ser un controlador de la serie pixie)

Sin embargo, no estoy seguro de cuál es el archivo ejecutable si cambia el ID de su unidad o la configuración completa, no coincidirá con la configuración LOR, lo que significa que no hay luces. Me imagino que la luz del mini director permanece encendida por un momento y luego comienza a parpadear, ¿correcto?

JR

Good afternoon, as for the flickering of the mini director's light, I will check it on Monday because the tree is working in my educational center. Perhaps I have missed commenting that the controller is a Pixie 16 Smart Pixel and is commanded by the miniDirector uMP3g3.
Thanks for your input

11 hours ago, Orville said:

No estoy seguro, pero creo que ambos son archivos de red. Solo sé que en mi N4-G4 Director los archivos se enumeran así:

S1FILE01.EN2 {EN3 y EN4} Indica qué redes se utilizan para las secuencias. No hay EN1, ya que es mi Red LOR Regular y no necesita un archivo especial para operarla.

El otro que obtengo es el mismo, excepto que la N ahora es una X:

S1FILE01.EX2 {EX3 y EX4} Creo que esto denota las Redes extendidas mejoradas en uso, Red 2 {Aux A-500K}, Red 3 {Aux B-1000K} y Red 4 {Aux C-500K} en mi caso.

Nuevamente, no hay Red 1, ya que es la Red Regular para mis Controladores CTB16PC más antiguos y no está mejorada y no requiere ningún archivo o comandos especiales como Pixie2D u otros Controladores RGB que puedan requerir para funcionar correctamente.

Al menos esta es la percepción que obtengo de los archivos de mi tarjeta SD que ejecuta mis programas.

Los programas que tengo para mi 1 canal de música fuera de las secuencias de horas no obtienen estos archivos porque se ejecutan estrictamente como una red normal, 115K, redes no mejoradas o no extendidas. Pero mis luces nocturnas SÍ obtienen estos archivos porque usan las 4 redes.

Y el Mini Director es estrictamente un dispositivo de red único, por lo que si tiene Controladores Pre-Gen 3 CTB16PC y Controladores Pixie anteriores y ejecuta todo en Enhanced, es probable que el programa fracase {puede / puede que no se ejecute, y si lo hace, probablemente no se ejecutará correctamente}, pero si todos los dispositivos GEN 3 deberían funcionar bien con el Mini Director.

Al menos eso es lo que tengo entendido.  

Si mezcla dispositivos más antiguos y más nuevos, necesita un Director de múltiples redes como una unidad completa G3 o G4 con reloj de tiempo incorporado, el G3 tiene 2 puertos, por lo que puede tener una {Red 1} regular y una {Aux A-Network mejorada 2} o el N4-G4 que permite 4 redes, normal {Red 1}, mejorada {Aux A-Network 2, Aux B-Network 3 y Aux C-Network 4}

Alguien de LOR que conozca más detalles sobre estos archivos deberá intervenir en esto, como dije, por lo que percibo de ellos, para esto creo que son.

Good afternoon, Maybe I have missed commenting that the controller is a Pixie 16 Smart Pixel and it is commanded by the uMP3g3 miniDirector, it is working with an old sequence.
And regarding the type of networks I will tell you that my knowledge is limited.
The new sequence I have configured as follows.
  "LOR Networks":
Regular - Port: None - Speed: 57.6K (Recommended) - Enhanced
Thanks for your input

On 12/19/2020 at 1:24 PM, Antonio said:

Good afternoon, Maybe I have missed commenting that the controller is a Pixie 16 Smart Pixel and it is commanded by the uMP3g3 miniDirector, it is working with an old sequence.
And regarding the type of networks I will tell you that my knowledge is limited.
  "LOR Networks":
Thanks for your input

You apparently misunderstood my point on the issue.

On 12/19/2020 at 12:24 PM, Antonio said:

"LOR Networks":
Thanks for your input

You have to have the Com port # where it says Com Port "None" should be comm3- ....

Hopefully you have the Red RS485HS adapter

Also as my friend above stated - must be 500K and Enhanced for which ever network the pixie is on.

How any other controllers?

What is the unit ID of the pixie?

There will be no problem using that mini director for the 500K enhanced network.

Watch the video in this link.

JR

Pixie16 Setup and Configuration step by step - LOR Hardware - General - Light-O-Rama Forums

Edited by dibblejr

On 20/12/2020 at 21:04, Orville said:

Aparentemente, entendiste mal mi punto sobre el tema.

Good afternoon.
First of all, always thank you for your contribution and as I comment I am limited in my knowledge about networks.
What I understood is that you had the mini director of the 4th generation and those files would come out. Always grateful

On 21/12/2020 at 0:25, dibblejr said:

Debe tener el número de puerto Com donde dice Com Port "None" debe ser comm3- ....

Ojalá tengas el adaptador Red RS485HS

Además, como dijo mi amigo anteriormente, debe ser 500K y mejorado para cualquier red en la que esté el duende.

¿Cómo otros controladores?

¿Cuál es la ID de unidad del duendecillo?

No habrá ningún problema al usar ese mini director para la red mejorada 500K.

Mira el video en este enlace.

JR

Instalación y configuración de Pixie16 paso a paso - Hardware LOR - General - Foros Light-O-Rama

Good afternoon.
The video very well explained the whole process.
Thank you for your contribution and especially for the availability that you have shown me to help me in case I do not understand the tutorial.
Another of the cables and from which other colleagues have already sent me was that a Pixie16 must run 500K improved.
Thank you very much again!!!!!