Jump to content

Show playing problem


Harbs
 Share

Recommended Posts

Did a test of my show this evening.

I set up my music to run at a scheduled time.

No lights hooked up. The show started as planned. First song played ok

then the others would play about 15 seconds and skip to the next one.

Using media player 11.0. Could this be a problem. Using wav files.

Thanks

Harbs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This sounds real familiar to me, but I can't put my finger on the problem (old age I guess). I doubt it has anything to do with WPM 11 and likely not a problem with the wav files either. I'll look back at my notes. I bet some others have seen this happen. Did you create all those sequences with the new version 2.0.16? Reattach the sound files?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I am using 2.0.16 Lor 2.

I restablished the wav file to the sequence

I deleted all the sequences and only running one in the test show.

Now it starts as planned but stops after about 15 seconds. It plays fine in the sequence editor.

I even did a repair on the LOR 2.

Still stops in the show after about 15 seconds.

Tried other sequences and I get the same results.

Harbs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tried a few more changes.

I did find one song that plays complete.

I exported its channels configurations to another sequence and tried it in a new show.

It still stops after about 15 seconds into the song.

Dan, if you are out there, please advise on a fix. I am sure it is something simple and most likely my error.

As I state earlier, I am not using lights just testing a show for time.

Harbs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I even went one step further.

Removed LOR completley. Did a registry wipe and reinstalled along with the latest upgrade.

Songs still play for about 15-20 seconds and stop.

Hope Dan has an idea to fix this.

Thanks

Harbs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recently there was an issue similar to this and I believe the resolve was the person had a channel in the config but did not have complete information for the channel.

Such as had it defined as a LOR controller but no controller ID or channel defined.

Might be worth checking your channel config.

Chuck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have all the channels pointing to a controller only at this time.

No Id or circuits. I have one sequence and song that plays properly

with no ID's or circuits set. I was not going to set these until I have the

lights set up. I have no lights or controllers connected. I was playing the show to check on

the time. Not sure if the ID's and circuits need to be set to make show test.

Thanks,

Harbs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Harbs wrote:

I have all the channels pointing to a controller only at this time. No Id or circuits. I have one sequence and song that plays properly with no ID's or circuits set. I was not going to set these until I have the lights set up. I have no lights or controllers connected. I was playing the show to check on the time. Not sure if the ID's and circuits need to be set to make show test.

Harbs, just to make sure it isn't this issue, you should assign IDs and circuits even if temporary. It's not going to hurt anything. Experimentation is probably the keep word here. When in doubt, try it.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have all the channels pointing to a controller only at this time. No Id or circuits. I have one sequence and song that plays properly with no ID's or circuits set. I was not going to set these until I have the lights set up. I have no lights or controllers connected. I was playing the show to check on the time. Not sure if the ID's and circuits need to be set to make show test.

It sounds like this might be the issue. This is a bug that recently came to our attention:

If your sequence has a controller set up to be an LOR device type, but does not have a unit ID set, then the sequence will play fine in the Sequence Editor, but the Show Player will stop the sequence prematurely, and not play it again.

This bug is fixed in our latest code, but hasn't been released yet. We expect to include it in the next release of the software. In the meantime, there are two possible temporary workarounds:

First, you could change your channels so that they have unit IDs (circuit IDs couldn't hurt either).

Or, second, you could change your channels so that they are device type "None" rather than device type "Light-O-Rama".

If neither of these help, please let us know, since that would indicate that it probably has a different cause than the known bug I just described.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...