Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding a Pixel tree for next year.

James Shelby

I have loaded s5 and am hammering away with trying to move s4 sequences over with no luck most channels "channels will not be controlled by s5". My question is can s4 run a tree with 12,800 pixels?

Both S4 and S5 can run a tree of that size with the proper license. Depending on the controllers you will use the LOR  Pixie or Pixcon Controllers would need a Pro license so you can use  a high speed enhanced network and several networks. An Advanced license can control a tree that size if you use E1.31 controllers.

Edited by Mr. P

I am running 90+ 16 channel controllers on 4 networks now. I am looking at adding 8 controllers with 16 strands at 100 nodes each, 12,800 total nodes. S4 Pro has ran flawless for years and everyone says S5 is the way to go. But from what I'm reading there are so many problems converting years and years of varied channels layouts into S5 without a major rebuild of all my files. I have worked on this all day without one file being converted. If S4 will work than I will move back to S4 and work with something I already know.

It is too late to switch to S5 this year, start switching in January so it gives you a year to learn the new software.

Also, if you stick with the LOR network you will need at least five more networks to run that tree.

Edited by Mr. P