Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Arches

NEWTOUR

Hey I am going to add 2 pixel arches to my show does anyone have a sequence with pixel arches in it to share so I can get a good idea of how to get started sequencing. Thanks

sorry forgot to put that in there. smart pixels probably going with 25 pixels per arch and going to use the Holiday Coro arches as I have never programed the strips. am contemplating still going the strip route, but wanted to see how tough it is to setup the channels and programing each.

• 3 weeks later...

50 Bulb Pixels at 4" spacing is 16.5' - a 50 Pixel Ribbon (Strip) Pixels is 16.5'

So 25 Pixels/Arch would be half the full length - there is no difference in the programming

Both can be mounted to the arch externally or maybe even internally inside a clear (white) PEX tube

the strip will give a fuller look rather then a single pixel bulb - also the strip will easily slid into the PEX tube...

My plan is a Pixie2 running 4 (2 per Port) 25 Pixel Arches - each Arch will use 1/2 a Ribbon internally inside the PEX tube

Edited by KYHI

On 12/14/2020 at 6:40 AM, NEWTOUR said:

Hey I am going to add 2 pixel arches to my show does anyone have a sequence with pixel arches in it to share so I can get a good idea of how to get started sequencing. Thanks

I can send you some extracts in SuperStar format.  My six arches are 50 pixels per arch (two inch spacing) for 100 lit inches per arch.  Some construction details on what I did at:

http://www.newburghlights.org/CCP_Arches.html

OP- If you plan on using a pixie controller in S4 you will need to update your software to at least V 4.4.0. I would recommend the latest 4.4.16 

The S4 platform has been very stable with any of their fw updates. They are much fewer now with S5 but they do periodically update as needed.

JR 

My 4 leaping arches are 150 light/50 pixel strips directly tie-wrapped to 3/4" PVC pipes.  PVC pipes have a coupler at top of arch for ease of dis-assembly and storage (after removing pixel strips).  The base of each arch is 10' with 1' between arches, and held in place by 24" rebar driven 12" into the ground.  Pixie4 on Aux A network.

On 12/29/2020 at 11:40 AM, k6ccc said:

I can send you some extracts in SuperStar format.  My six arches are 50 pixels per arch (two inch spacing) for 100 lit inches per arch.  Some construction details on what I did at:

http://www.newburghlights.org/CCP_Arches.html

Not sure if I can use it as my SuperStar license is very small and I am running S5 now, but would love to try. Thanks Jim

• The topic was locked