Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating show on one PC and letting a second Pc run the show daily.

ToyGuy

Can i create a show on on computer and they use a second computer run the show? I have an old PC I would like to run the show daily without having to connect my pc up every night.

I think you are asking if you can sequence your songs, create your show, schedule your show on one computer and run it all from another one.  The answer is yes.  That is how I do it.  If both computers are on the same LAN, it is easier.  Let me tell you what I do, and then how you can do it.  In my situation, I have a file server.  ALL LOR files are saved on the server, and all computers that have LOR software have a mapped network drive of L:\ that is really D:\shared\LOR on the server.  That way, any change done on one computer is instantly available on the other two.  If I make a change on my family room computer (what I do most of my LOR work from), as soon as I save it, the show computer has that change available.

You do not need a dedicated file server to do what  am doing.  You can share all your files on one of the computers or an external network based hard drive.  You can also share files in real time via something like DropBox, but I DO NOT recommend running your show from an internet file store because if your internet takes a hickup, your show has problems.  You CAN use something like DropBox or Google Drive to move files around, but recommended not to run  the show that way.

If you do not have LAN connectivity, then you can copy all the appropriate files from one computer to another with a USB drive.

I use Jungledisk for this because it offers a sync capability.  There are others as well, but I’m a long-time Jugledisk user, so I used it. 

Anything I do on the main computer is synced to the cloud and then back down to the show computer - so besides the backups I make, I always have 3 copies; each PC and the cloud.  

We sequence on two different laptops and run the show on a third. Share files via USB stick as I have the wifi turned off on the show computer. 

I think Light-O-Rama allows you to run on up to 5 machines with one license. 

• Like 1