Light-O-Rama Forums

Possible Feature request?

bdwillie

Would it be possible to have a way in sequencer, to have the little red line that appears in the waveform area and moves with your pointer, to be able to go all the way down the screen?  Turn off-able for people that wouldn't like it?  Would sure help to line up things from top to bottom throughout the props when cutting and pasting between props

Might not even be possible.  Just my ramblings!

• Like 1

I miss two things we had in S4. The visualizer that would play while the show ran and the ability to manually turn on a channel directly from the sequence editor and see it turn on outside.

2 hours ago, dgrant said:

I miss two things we had in S4. The visualizer that would play while the show ran and the ability to manually turn on a channel directly from the sequence editor and see it turn on outside.

Totally Agree, 

Yes, the ability to watch what was happening with the show in Visualizer was very nice and I do miss that.

As for controlling lights from Sequencer, maybe I don't understand what you are looking for. Sequencer controls the lights just fine.

In S4 if you right clicked on a channel button, you could turn on a single channel or group of channels using turn on physical channel.

I found it useful for identifying the position of lights in both the Vis and actual prop. Pixel one position  for example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhilMassey said:

In S4 if you right clicked on a channel button, you could turn on a single channel or group of channels using turn on physical channel.

I found it useful for identifying the position of lights in both the Vis and actual prop. Pixel one position  for example.

I had forgotten about that feature.  However it's been 3 years since I touched S4....  Sometimes I can't remember what I had for breakfast today - it's no wonder I can't remember a feature I have not seen in years...

I just used that feature an hour ago. I turned on Node 1 and found I had plugged the string  into the wrong port (flipped 2 strings)

On 12/12/2020 at 11:11 AM, bdwillie said:

Would it be possible to have a way in sequencer, to have the little red line that appears in the waveform area and moves with your pointer, to be able to go all the way down the screen?  Turn off-able for people that wouldn't like it?  Would sure help to line up things from top to bottom throughout the props when cutting and pasting between props

I hate to be difficult, but isn't this what timing marks are for?

14 minutes ago, Steven said:

I think you misunderstand what he wants, if timing marks are at the top and you need to scroll down to the row you want to add to, it's easy to get off the correct column.  red line would help keep aligned.  I've wished for this myself before. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steven said:

Not being Difficult at all!  Yup the timing marks help, but when you have a close timing grid on, there are A LOT of timing marks close together.  If I am trying to line up a prop that is at the bottom of the screen, to mirrir with a prop at the top of the screen, sequence wise, it is easy to get over a grid line or two.  I could move the prop order, but then I would be doing that all day, and moving things in and out of their groups.  It's hell to get old and blind!😇

17 hours ago, prevue12 said:

I think you misunderstand what he wants, if timing marks are at the top and you need to scroll down to the row you want to add to, it's easy to get off the correct column.  red line would help keep aligned.  I've wished for this myself before. 

SPOT ON!

On 12/15/2020 at 11:04 AM, KYHI said:

just drag a small nic with your mouse in the yellow timing band

it create a red line all the way down

Dang sure did!  Cool!  Thanks!