Light-O-Rama Forums

Initiation

crobs808

Ok, well...We did it! My wife and I received our first LOR unit today, the 1602 Pro with MP3 director built in. I LOVE that you just put the SD card in and it auto plays your sequences. So easy!!

Anyway, were looking for tips now on cable management, lol. See the photo below. Any and all advice is welcome :)

PXL_20201211_021839269 (2).jpg

I'm using a flexible drain pipe like this to keep over 2 dozen extension cords & SPT1 wires from dangerously cluttering the area below the first step leading to our front porch.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bend-A-Drain-4-in-x-12-ft-Polypropylene-Flexible-Solid-Drain-Pipe-335112/205164017

I would mount the unit up of the ground so the plugs don't set in the rain water and group the wires to what ever your controlling ,Arches ,tree, house lights etc. Label them and number them like a wire harness ,maybe zip tie them together , In the walk way I would put a mat over them or run them through a pipe so people don,t trip on them and help protect the wires . I'm no expert but it helps when tracing out problems later. 

Edited by Taylor

Water (Rain and Irrigation) is your LOR's Enemy. All connections need to be drip resistant to avoid GFCI trips. Hanging on a Stand or Wall with the cords straight down should shed all but direct spray.

Put a Lawyer out of work: Lose the Trip Hazards, build a step box or snug pipe (rectangular plastic downspout) over those cords.

Ant

Turn them ON. Turn them up BRIGHT. Happy Holidays

I would also start using SPT cable and make your own cords.  Unless your props are pulling really large amounts of current, there's no real reason to need to use standard extension cords.  SPT is so much smaller and you can make a cord the exact size you need.

5 minutes ago, jfuller8400 said:

I would also start using SPT cable and make your own cords.  Unless your props are pulling really large amounts of current, there's no real reason to need to use standard extension cords.  SPT is so much smaller and you can make a cord the exact size you need.

++ on that.

💡I write the length on the plug side so I can grab what is needed for the current 'season' I've also started pitting a colored Zip tie near the ends to make tracing easier: Green cord, red marker. White cord Green Marker

Zip assortments are not that expensive, besides the markers are usually a 1 time application