Light-O-Rama Forums

Best sequence store's

AllAmericanJock

I'm looking to purchase christmas sequences that are high quality. I'm looking for alot of different songs, but at the moment I'm looking for Candy Cane Lane by Sia. Does anyone have suggestions on places that sell extremely high quality sequences. Thank you 

Just now, AllAmericanJock said:

I'm planning on getting more controllers next year, but just wanted to get started this year. 

My friend above said it right.

The other options I listed are RGB only. 

JR

Once you get into RGB, and your display grows, your choices become very limited.  There's really only a couple places to turn to, and you will learn quickly that a lot of the sequences from any one place will kinda all start to look the same, with repeated use of the same effects, and patterns.  Finding sequences that fit a custom RGB layout can be frustrating, and custom sequences don't come cheap.  This is my 6th year, and I am at the point where I simply have to learn to sequence myself, or just keep using the same songs every year.  My only other option would be to purchase sequences with songs that aren't popular, or I myself don't like.   Trust me when I say that you will be aware of when a sequence/song is not well liked.   My biggest mistake has been relying on purchased sequences right from the start.  I would advise spending the next year doing what I should have when I started.  That being said, every time I see a post asking this question I hop on in hopes of finding a new source.   Never do.  Always the same 3.   LOR, Holidaysequences.com, and Wowlights.com, and I haven't seen the choice of sequences expand on any of them is years.

Edited by Dcroc

9 hours ago, Dcroc said:

Once you get into RGB, and your display grows, your choices become very limited.  There's really only a couple places to turn to, and you will learn quickly that a lot of the sequences from any one place will kinda all start to look the same, with repeated use of the same effects, and patterns.  Finding sequences that fit a custom RGB layout can be frustrating, and custom sequences don't come cheap.  This is my 6th year, and I am at the point where I simply have to learn to sequence myself, or just keep using the same songs every year.  My only other option would be to purchase sequences with songs that aren't popular, or I myself don't like.   Trust me when I say that you will be aware of when a sequence/song is not well liked.   My biggest mistake has been relying on purchased sequences right from the start.  I would advise spending the next year doing what I should have when I started.  That being said, every time I see a post asking this question I hop on in hopes of finding a new source.   Never do.  Always the same 3.   LOR, Holidaysequences.com, and Wowlights.com, and I haven't seen the choice of sequences expand on any of them is years.

Your comment is similar to why I invested a lot of time, years in to being able to sequence faces. There are only so many you can buy and to get other songs you have to learn how to sequence or try to find someone who will not charge $300 for a custom face sequences. Yes I received that quote once for a solo artist.

But to stand up for the selling sites mentioned above , there are a billion songs in the world so no one will have all of them. Also obviously the popular seasonal songs will be found at almost any site.

JR

I started back in 2007 with only 8 channels just to see if I like it. Jumped to 48 channels in 2008. Then more controllers etc etc. I use to warn people to always have a spare controller card for your 8 channel controllers & your 16 channel controllers, even for smart pixel controllers. Some found out why I mentioned that.

The best thing to do is learn to sequence your self. I watched Holdman & other popular displays on YouTube, looked at their sequences that they use to share & then went from there. Yes, I even had ccr tree sequences that I made myself, & 24 x 50 & 32 x 50 Matrix sequence that I made myself. However you really do not need a ccr tree or a Matrix to have a amazing display, you can have a great display using regular Lor controllers. I went back to using just regular Lor controllers this year other than the Lor 4 channel Pixie controller for the spiral tree (folded to make 8 strings) I made & 3 arches where I used Lor's 2 channel pixel controllers for my arches (the old 5 volt ones).

In my opinion using smart pixel controllers for arches is a good idea.

However if you type in Google, Firefox etc. (Sequence sharing) you will come up with free sequences. But please buy the songs even if they share the songs.

You can do this. You can sequence.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Your comment is similar to why I invested a lot of time, years in to being able to sequence faces. There are only so many you can buy and to get other songs you have to learn how to sequence or try to find someone who will not charge $300 for a custom face sequences. Yes I received that quote once for a solo artist.

But to stand up for the selling sites mentioned above , there are a billion songs in the world so no one will have all of them. Also obviously the popular seasonal songs will be found at almost any site.

JR

It gets to where none of the sequences fit your display, and you end up having to piece it together from a couple, if not several, sequences.   This is where shared sequences really come in.  However, doing it that way has a tendency to leave it as a less than unison display.  It can effect the dynamics.   It also still ends up requiring a lot of work.  HS sequences have no real widow pixels, and very little to no AC channels.  The Eves, and such are too short to really work with my roof line, and house outline, so that requires manipulation.  Wowlights has window pixels, but the house outline is done is such a way that it doesn't really work with my layout.  Then there is the Pixel tree sequence, which can be another $60.   I added 2 sequences this year, and it cost me more than $220, and a weeks nights worth of work.  I don't know why I have been so resistant to learn how to sequence.  I did it once in SS, and damn if LOR didn't change everything the very next year, and what I had was all but useless.  Kinda got discouraged.  Now, with S5,  I really do not want to have to put a boat load of hours into updating the old sequences, nor do I want to put a boat load of time in to learning the new software to make new sequences.  However, it is at the point that I really don't have much of a choice unless I want to run the exact same show every year.  I would suggest to any noobie to start out by learning how to sequence.  Don't start the first year buying a bunch of sequences.  Can develop laziness from all the short cuts.  Buy everything after the Holidays, and take the entire year to really start learning how to do it from scratch.  If I could go back, that is how I would do it.

• Like 1

Thanks Dcroc, for all your insight... As I was going to jump in (after many years of looking) with a major purchase from LOR

TOS Package w/miniplayer, extra CBT16PC, Pixie tree, CCR tree kit, singing trees + Pro license &  SS 16ccr license ($4K investment)

And my biggest concern is all about sequences - and using them with my prop layout and home configuration...

10 hours ago, KYHI said:

Thanks Dcroc, for all your insight... As I was going to jump in (after many years of looking) with a major purchase from LOR

TOS Package w/miniplayer, extra CBT16PC, Pixie tree, CCR tree kit, singing trees + Pro license &  SS 16ccr license ($4K investment)

And my biggest concern is all about sequences - and using them with my prop layout and home configuration...

There is absolutely no simple solution once you start building your show and take it to the extreme. Learn to sequence as much as possible. Of course most cannot sequence every prop such as singing props, that is where people like myself come in. People that have the knowledge and willing to help you for free or sequence props for you as well.

There is nothing more satisfying than knowing you completed a sequence by hand. 

I do not use any wizards (only S4 visualizer tree/ arch wizards) but they are prop wizards. You still have to know something about prop design and controller layouts to use them.

I never liked the beat or tapper wizard.

I use a headset and a mouse to sequence grid by grid as anyone who have attended my classes can attend to. I dis show a few in one of my sessions how to use the beat wizard to get multiple beats.

After the holiday feel free to sign up for my free zoom classes wher I teach singing faces but we also cover sequencing 99-101 as needed. Its a gentleman's class, no muting.

JR

20 hours ago, Dcroc said:

It gets to where none of the sequences fit your display, and you end up having to piece it together from a couple, if not several, sequences.   This is where shared sequences really come in.  However, doing it that way has a tendency to leave it as a less than unison display.  It can effect the dynamics.   It also still ends up requiring a lot of work.  HS sequences have no real widow pixels, and very little to no AC channels.  The Eves, and such are too short to really work with my roof line, and house outline, so that requires manipulation.  Wowlights has window pixels, but the house outline is done is such a way that it doesn't really work with my layout.  Then there is the Pixel tree sequence, which can be another $60.   I added 2 sequences this year, and it cost me more than $220, and a weeks nights worth of work.  I don't know why I have been so resistant to learn how to sequence.  I did it once in SS, and damn if LOR didn't change everything the very next year, and what I had was all but useless.  Kinda got discouraged.  Now, with S5,  I really do not want to have to put a boat load of hours into updating the old sequences, nor do I want to put a boat load of time in to learning the new software to make new sequences.  However, it is at the point that I really don't have much of a choice unless I want to run the exact same show every year.  I would suggest to any noobie to start out by learning how to sequence.  Don't start the first year buying a bunch of sequences.  Can develop laziness from all the short cuts.  Buy everything after the Holidays, and take the entire year to really start learning how to do it from scratch.  If I could go back, that is how I would do it.

None fit your display even with 1 AC controller. You still have to fit it unless the person and you have built your layouts to mirror each other.

Once you start adding controllers and pixels all bets are off to get anything other that a purchased matrix or ccr tree to fit anywhere in your show.

While purchasing sequences for RGB rooflines you can typically use the roof line in your windows, as well as other props. However some manipulation is required once you go beyond the 50 pixel per row. That seems to be the standard.

I have purchase one or two  "cough, cough" sequences for rooflines for pixels. With the size of my display I just don't have time and with transferring my S4 show sequences 500 or so to S5 is a slow and painstaking process.

May I suggest next year try Bobs MIIP program and let the viewers interact with your show. It doesn't matter if you have the same sequences year after year just build on it. Remove the ones that don't get requested/ played a lot. It only removes them from that 1 show , not from you computer. I actually signed up for it in 2016 but thought it would be overwhelming. I started using in 2017 and after Bob helped me a little it has been smooth sailing since, My friend Phil helped me set it up in S5. It has been running smooth since that day.

I feel most people don't sequence any more. They get our shared stuff and adapt it to their shows and or buy from the various sites. This is why I now only trade sequences, it can help save some time. 

JR

dibblejr. Are the singing faces the LOR ones for your zoom class. I would love to learn more even though I seemed to get them working ok.

16 hours ago, Euro92 said:

dibblejr. Are the singing faces the LOR ones for your zoom class. I would love to learn more even though I seemed to get them working ok.

take his classes great guy to learn from  i will be back Jr 

On 12/10/2020 at 5:26 PM, dibblejr said:

Light o Rama sells sequences. Superstar Lights . com

Holiday Sequences

You do not say what type of lights or props.

JR

i agree superstar is great as well as holiday....   lightorama can be tricky at times   they love to protect their sequences to a point of overkill   read everything i mean everything 

6 hours ago, Douglas said:

i agree superstar is great as well as holiday....   lightorama can be tricky at times   they love to protect their sequences to a point of overkill   read everything i mean everything 

You can buy unprotected, but there is no such thing as over kill pertaining to protecting a sequence. Until it happens to you youll never know how it feels to spend numerous hours putting sequences together to share with someone and then they are for sale on ebay or being shared with other as their own work. This is why I no longer share new sequences. If anyone is gonna get paid it may as well be me.

JR