Light-O-Rama Forums

can i mirror channels easily?

jtm

I have a bunch of good sequences and a new controller along with a couple of new fixtures.
I would like to use/mirror 1 group of 4 channels from one controller and a group of 8 from another.  

Is there a way to do this without the "brute force" method of copy/paste rows on every song in the sequencer?  

more specifically:
I would like the sequences from channels 5-8 on controller 1 to be mirrored on controller 6 channels 1-4.  And I want channels 1-8 on controller 3 to be mirrored on controller 6:9-16.  

Thanks,

J

Do you mean simply duplicated - i.e. using your example, 1:5 = 6:1, and 1:6 = 6:2, and 1:7 = 6:3, and 1:8 = 6:4 or mirrored - i.e. 1:5 = 6:4, and 1:6 = 6:3, and 1:7 = 6:2, and 1:8 = 6:1?

If it's duplicated as the first example, it's just copy and paste for the four channels.  If it's mirrored as in the second example, then it's copy one and paste, then copy the second and paste, etc.  There is no automated way to do it.  There is a third party add on that would do flips.  Check out AutoFlip at:  http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

1 hour ago, jtm said:

I have a bunch of good sequences and a new controller along with a couple of new fixtures.
I would like to use/mirror 1 group of 4 channels from one controller and a group of 8 from another.  

Is there a way to do this without the "brute force" method of copy/paste rows on every song in the sequencer?  

more specifically:
I would like the sequences from channels 5-8 on controller 1 to be mirrored on controller 6 channels 1-4.  And I want channels 1-8 on controller 3 to be mirrored on controller 6:9-16.  

Thanks,

J

Sorry, but Copy and Paste IS the ONLY WAY to mirror channels from one controller to a different controller and channel{s}.  There is no automatic way to do this, never has been.   I mirror many of my RGB channels between 5 controllers and Copy/Paste is the only way to accomplish it.  And evewn then, it may take some fine tuning and changes to get what you want.   Just the way it is.   No easy way out on this one.

• The topic was locked