Light-O-Rama Forums

My dilema may not be possible to do video

rmturner54

I ran a animated video in my window last year, manually starting the projector and the video file from a thumb drive.  The videos have some really cool audio. The projector is in the house. My set up is as follows. My show computer is setup in the garage to prevent from having to run cables into the house. My FM transmitter also sits in the garage. I have been racking my brain on how I could include the audio into the FM transmitter and say pause the main show while one of the videos plays, then resume the shows. It may be more trouble than its worth. Just looking for ideas.

Thanks,

Richard

If you figure out how to run a cable from your computer to your projector, you can use the animated video as your media file and sequence what you want to it. The video can be run to the projector and the audio to your transmitter.  I do the same thing at Halloween except my laptop sits inside and the projector not too far.  I ran the cables for the light controllers up through the wall into the attic then to the outside.  I have plenty of access to my attic, so I found the wall where my laptop sits and drilled a hole in the top and put a Low Voltage box in the wall so you don't see wires and is clean.

what do you do about the video screen when the show videos are not running. I am wanting to spread the videos out in the show...i.e. a song or 2 then a video...etc.....

So I will have to run 2 cables, right?

Thanks for the reply

I was just about ready to do projections this year then changed my mind. Yes, the on-screen display would still show between songs/sequences. So I got to thinking...lol, dangerous for me. I used a spare channel from a CMB24 for dumb strings. Then wired into just the "R" terminal therefore getting the -12Volts from there and of course the +12V from the feed to its output. That gave me a controllable 12v for a relay. Wired in a small relay then used a very old computer CD player and directly wired a pair of wires onto the open/close button and connected them to the N/O contacts on the relay. Used an old computer power supply to provide power for the CD player and by passed the powerup function on the power supply.

So after all that, I created a video sequence in LOR and just before starting the video, I commanded the one channel to turn on for just 1 second Sure enough the tray will either open or close on that command. At the end of the sequence, I trip it again for 1 second. You must start out by having it open and blocking the light path so when it closes, the light path is now open and let the light shine through! What I didn't get to was disabling the CD player's drive or RW head assembly but should be easy.

This was all destined for a waterproof box, complete with vent fans and etc...projector will be very hot.

Edited by dgrant

Sequences with no video will play and leave a blank screen.  I'm not sure what the 2 cables are you are referencing to, unless it's one to a projector, and another to your light controllers.

14 hours ago, Little_b said:

Sequences with no video will play and leave a blank screen.  I'm not sure what the 2 cables are you are referencing to, unless it's one to a projector, and another to your light controllers.

Just a video cable right?. I dont  know why I said 2.

• The topic was locked