Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with my tree

RashoHyo

Hi everyone,

i'm totally a newbie but i'm trying to help my father with this giant tree he mades for christmas.

I have this 16 light stripes connected to an AlphaPix 16 by ethernet canle to a portable pc. Last year everything was good but thees year he changed the lights and the tree light up only to the lower part of it...i cannot understand how to help him..tried several things but nothing seems to change.

the test from the alphapix is always good and all the lights starts and stops in every color mode.

i attach some photo of my config..hoping someone can help me

many many thanks

Foto1

Already changed value 340 to 100

Foto2

Foto3

How many pixels per strand is the tree. Looking at it I am thinking there are more than 100.

Looks like you need to start by trying to add the correct channels per port. That would be 3 channels per pixel. 100 pixels = 300 channels

Second- Lowry the intensity to around 30%
 you may need power injection- David at HC from which the Alphapix comes from discusses pi in some of his videos.

JR

Hi, thanks for the answer...

when you say "add the correct channels per port" where do i have to add this value?

i think in "dmx start channels" it means the number wher the channel starts. For example i have in the sequence universe 1 anche channel from 1-150. Universe 2 1-150 and again...

I think the problem is that i have 100 lights per strand and all the sequences in channel prop says that i have each universe 1-150. I suppose that means 50 pixels. Than it lights up only 50 leds....

3 minutes ago, RashoHyo said:

I think the problem is that i have 100 lights per strand and all the sequences in channel prop says that i have each universe 1-150. I suppose that means 50 pixels. Than it lights up only 50 leds....

That is a very good observation. Set it to 300

I don't know how to add 150 channels per universe to a sequences already done..

each sequence i bought from Holidaycoro is 16x50. Is it possible to run a sequence made for 50 on a tree of 100?

Edited by RashoHyo