Light-O-Rama Forums

Just need to vent (sequencing)

jtomason

The beat wizard tends to be a little off sometimes on where in the wave form it picks up the beat. If you have a song where the tempo changes then applying the beat wizard for each section of the song makes it work better.

I like using the queen mary vamp plugins with Audacity (or other software that I won't mention), they get me pretty close and then for those tricky spots I'll listen to the song slow. Usually this is when I have one element synched up to something where if it were to be off it would be really noticeable. I don't go all OCD on a song and listen to it 8 times at 1/4 speed, that would be silly.

3 minutes ago, jstorms said:

The beat wizard tends to be a little off sometimes on where in the wave form it picks up the beat. If you have a song where the tempo changes then applying the beat wizard for each section of the song makes it work better.

I like using the queen mary vamp plugins with Audacity (or other software that I won't mention), they get me pretty close and then for those tricky spots I'll listen to the song slow. Usually this is when I have one element synched up to something where if it were to be off it would be really noticeable. I don't go all OCD on a song and listen to it 8 times at 1/4 speed, that would be silly.

LOL on the silly part. BTW, your videos are a great resource for folks here that are needing to learn. Doing faces I listen to the words quite a bit and review frequently to ensure I have a heartbeat.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

On 1/4/2021 at 8:54 PM, PhilMassey said:

Those were AWESOME!!!! Thinking 46 & 2 might just have to go into my show this year. Thinking Prison..x might be too much for the neighbors though. LOL

• The topic was locked