Light-O-Rama Forums

Show creation error in 5.5.16

k6ccc

I have seen an error in several of my sequences where some portion of the pixels that should be on at or very close to the beginning of the sequence, come on for several seconds prior to the sequence playing.  Here is a 7 second clip taken of the beginning of "All I want for Christmas is you".  At the beginning of the clip, the pixels on the top left of the tree and the star that come on at the actual start of the sequence.  However they come on for a little over 3 seconds prior to the sequence playing.  The actual start of the sequence can be seen when the Tune To Matrix and the first lights on the eves come on.  It's not shown in this camera angle, but there are pixels on one of the arches that is also coming on during the 3 second of "stuck".

In case this makes any difference, the pixel tree and star were separate SuperStar effects, and both have the pixels shown at 100% starting at time 0:00.00.  The first lights on the eves are a separate SuperStar effect that starts at 0:00.15 with a Pre-ramp  of 0.15 seconds so it also starts at 0:00.00 at the beginning of the Pre-ramp.  The Matrix is a text Motion Effect that also starts at time 0:00.00, but is a ramp up over 0.5 seconds.  Although not seen in the video, the arch pixels that on during the extra 3 seconds are also starting at time 0:00.00 at 100%.  The Pixel tree, eves and matrix are all controlled via E1.31, the six arches (300 pixels) are on a dedicated 500K ELOR network.

I had not put this all together in my mind until I was typing this post, but it appears that all pixels that are at a non zero percent AT time 0:00.00 are coming on for a couple seconds prior to the sequence playing.  I am wondering if this is happening during the time that the show player is "Checking" the sequence?  I will attempt to see of that relates, and I will take a look at all my sequences to see how many have channels that are at non zero levels AT time 0:00.00.  Then I will specifically watch those channels when the show runs tonight.  I will also attempt to see if this is happening during the "Checking" period.

Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by k6ccc
Added note about how elements are controlled

Just looked at another sequence that I know exactly what pixels are coming on in advance, and those pixels are also at 100% blue at time 0:00.00.

I am seeing similar but at the end LOL I have double and triple "select the entire end and "cleared" no fix

I normally fade mine down with the music. It could be prior to the songs but looks like the end in mine. And not every song.

Im just dealing with it now.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I have channels that are on all the time - so therefore are on up to the end of the sequence.  I'll watch for your end issue.  My "normal" channels generally fade down with the music as well, but a few things (the security light, the front porch, the flag floods) that are supposed to stay up all the time.

Confirmed that this is happening during the few seconds where the Status display is showing the song as "Checking".

So to summarize.  It appears that any channel that is at a non-zero level at time 00:00.00 will be sent the level command at the beginning of the Checking process.  After the Checking is completed, then the sequence will continue.  This is happening on channels that are controlled via E1.31 and ELOR - I don't know about non-enhanced LOR because nothing in my Christmas show runs on a non-enhanced LOR network.  Note that a channel that is ramping up from zero does not illuminate because at time 00:00.00 it is at a zero level.

My test procedure was as follows.  I can not see my show from the location where my show computer is.  So I watched the screen of the show computer locally while my son was in the front yard watching the show.  He and I were communicating via two way radios (direct over a simplex analog channel).  As the previous song was about to end, my son keyed up his radio and as soon as he saw the pixels at the top of the tree come on, he immediately spoke "now" into the radio.  Allowing for human reaction time (both my son's end to see the lights and speak "now", and my end to process the word), it would appear that the lights came on at the beginning of the Checking process.

• 4 weeks later...

I just saw this post Jim.  Don't know if your still experiencing issues.

For what's it worth, I've been reading a ton of everything because of S5.  Are you aware of the topic throttle parameters in the help doc.  It strikes me as being related.

But I'm still trying to figure S5 out and don't know [Foul Language Used].....

On 12/6/2020 at 2:57 PM, k6ccc said:

I have seen an error in several of my sequences where some portion of the pixels that should be on at or very close to the beginning of the sequence, come on for several seconds prior to the sequence playing.  Here is a 7 second clip taken of the beginning of "All I want for Christmas is you".  At the beginning of the clip, the pixels on the top left of the tree and the star that come on at the actual start of the sequence.  However they come on for a little over 3 seconds prior to the sequence playing.  The actual start of the sequence can be seen when the Tune To Matrix and the first lights on the eves come on.  It's not shown in this camera angle, but there are pixels on one of the arches that is also coming on during the 3 second of "stuck".

In case this makes any difference, the pixel tree and star were separate SuperStar effects, and both have the pixels shown at 100% starting at time 0:00.00.  The first lights on the eves are a separate SuperStar effect that starts at 0:00.15 with a Pre-ramp  of 0.15 seconds so it also starts at 0:00.00 at the beginning of the Pre-ramp.  The Matrix is a text Motion Effect that also starts at time 0:00.00, but is a ramp up over 0.5 seconds.  Although not seen in the video, the arch pixels that on during the extra 3 seconds are also starting at time 0:00.00 at 100%.  The Pixel tree, eves and matrix are all controlled via E1.31, the six arches (300 pixels) are on a dedicated 500K ELOR network.

I had not put this all together in my mind until I was typing this post, but it appears that all pixels that are at a non zero percent AT time 0:00.00 are coming on for a couple seconds prior to the sequence playing.  I am wondering if this is happening during the time that the show player is "Checking" the sequence?  I will attempt to see of that relates, and I will take a look at all my sequences to see how many have channels that are at non zero levels AT time 0:00.00.  Then I will specifically watch those channels when the show runs tonight.  I will also attempt to see if this is happening during the "Checking" period.

Anyone else seeing this?

It's not just S5 or Superstar {I'm using S4.4.14 and an N4-G4 Director} and I've been seeing this same thing in my show sequences this year too Jim.   Sometimes it happens at the beginning and sometimes it happens at the end.  

And I always have at least 2 to 3 blocks set to OFF on every channel in my sequences at the end to be sure the lights go off, but some of these sequences have also had lights stay on at the end, then flick off just barely before the next sequence starts up, sometimes the one sequence will end leaving lights on in random places, then as the next sequence is getting ready, those lights go off and other random lights come on, then go off before the sequence starts. 

And most of my sequence usually have a slow fade up for some props to come on at some intensity level at the end of the fade up, like 40%, 60%, 100% and then fade out at the end of the music.

I'm thinking this may be a bug in the sequencer part of S4, I know S5 is different, but from your description, sure sounds like the same thing my display has been going though as well, and I don't use SS at all.  Only the SE in S4.4.14

Can't say your and my issues are related, but it sure sounds like it.