Light-O-Rama Forums

Crazy Audiophile display audio system

DLH lites

Well that would be ME!, Yes!  I have posted my story about my sequence "Fan Fare For Common Man"  I have done for COVID 19.  The music is very dynamic, it needed the crazy audiophile touch.  Being one of the first order, I set out to make a system for the display that would emote the music. We have a lot of folks that stand across the street and listen, I wanted this music to move them. I thought ,hmmmmmmmmm two twelve inch subwoofers.   So ,I built two subwoofers.  The system is biamped, a amp on the subwoofers and one on the main , yup.   120 watts per channel on the main speakers , KEF out door speakers hidden in the bushes, and 150 watts on the subwoofers per channel crossed over at 100 cycles, just behind the mains .  It worked, the reaction I get from folks standing on the street is amazing.  Of course folks can listen in the car.

One of my neighbors said, Gezz David your yard system sounds better than the system I just bought ,golly.  Everyone loves it , as long as they get the reason I did it. To honor all the people that have passed and are still dealing with COVID 19 , the health care workers ,plus one and all that are doing the right thing to keep us all safe.

Make the lites sing the music!

David,

PS: play it loud when ya can !!!! 

• Like 1

12 inch long throw woofer, from parts express, enclosure  1/4"  thick PVC barrel I cut in half to make two woofers sealed enclosure 

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked