Light-O-Rama Forums

LED C9 Strobes and LOR

Wayne K

What experience are people having using LED C9 strobes on LOR controllers? I ordered 10 of these and put them in today to compare them and when I tested them earlier in the day they looked ok. But tonight with my show running, they come on but look dim and like they are in a shimmer mode. I looked at the channels and they show all on when I look at one of the cells. I have 8 of them on one channel and 2 on another channel  on a different controller and they look the same. My controllers are the older CTB16D blue boards.

Wayne

If they were/are dim, I was thinking you had them dimmed or possibly you've limited the controller output on those channels. I bought some LED strobes long ago but after testing them, O quickly found they weren't going to work as I wished. They all blinked at the same time unless you left them on for several minutes. Doing so would allow them to slowly spread out and look better.

I don’t remember who posted it, but to deal with lack of randomness, they put the strobes on 2 or 3 separate channels and staggered when they turned on. That got the random strobe effect they were looking for. I have not tried this myself, but it sounds like it should work!

That's what I have sequenced.  The Zenon strobes are on four separate circuits, and the LED strobe string is on a fifth.

• The topic was locked