Light-O-Rama Forums

Changed location of channels, do I lose all my work?

bhays

Last year I had 112 channels, this year 272. Last year was my first year and I wasn't smart about how I assigned my channels on controllers, thus had to run cords from one side of the yard to the other, etc. I want to fix that this season.

So, I have a z-tree for example with 20 channels (5 colors, 4 sections). I want to reuse some of last years sequences. However, those channels are now on different controllers, can I open up the sequences and cut and paste one channel at a time into a new sequence or do I have to start completely over?

In other words, bottom-red was on controller 3, channel 7 last year and now is on controller 4, channel 2.... how do I transfer the sequencing across?

Thanks for your help, I am really under the gun on this..

iresq wrote:

You can cut and paste but why not just reassign in the channel property grid?

Bingo, that is what I do. Hmmm, we seem to think alike on many of these things.

Don't forget, if you update your channel assignments it only applies to that sequence. You will need to export the configuration and import it into any other sequences to propagate the changes.

What I am finding is that it's easier to make a new sequence with the same music file, then copy and paste the actual sequencing into the new sequence. It only takes about 45 minutes per song, so far.

Thanks for all your advice, I was really sweating it!