Light-O-Rama Forums

Scheduler won't start show that runs fine manually

tlogan

If this has been answered, I apologize...I haven't found any questions/problems like this one. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

I updated to the latest S5 version a couple of days ago.

I set up a schedule that:

1) runs an Animation (basically all on) from 5:00-5:55.

2) a five minute musical sequnce counting down to the start of the show

3) the main show at 6:00 (plus a couple of hundreths) - 11:00.

Each show runs perfectly when I manually start it.

When I run the schedule, the first two run fine and the main show won't run. The log only says can't read the file. Why would the Scheduler not be able to start a show that runs perfectly when started manually?

Snippet from log below. It keeps repeating the last line every second until I shut it down and started it manually, which is running fine as I write this.

5:00:00 PM: Starting show: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2020-Christmas-Preshow.lss
5:00:00 PM: Checking S5 sequence: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\All_On_Animation_2020.loredit
5:00:03 PM: Loading sequence: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\All_On_Animation_2020.0002.81.play.las
5:00:03 PM: Starting Animation: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\All_On_Animation_2020.0002.81.play.las
5:52:23 PM: Ending Animation: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\All_On_Animation_2020.0002.81.play.las
5:52:23 PM: Starting Animation: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\All_On_Animation_2020.0002.81.play.las
5:55:01 PM: Current show is entering shutdown mode
5:55:01 PM: Stopping Animation: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\All_On_Animation_2020.0002.81.play.las
5:55:01 PM: Stopping Animation: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\All_On_Animation_2020.0002.81.play.las
5:55:01 PM: Ending Animation: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\All_On_Animation_2020.0002.81.play.las
5:55:01 PM: Finished show: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2020-Christmas-Preshow.lss
5:55:01 PM: Starting show: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2020-startup.lss
5:55:01 PM: Checking S5 sequence: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\The Show Starts In 5 Minutes-2020.loredit
5:55:01 PM: Loading compressed sequence: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\The Show Starts In 5 Minutes-2020.0002.81.play.lms.lcs
5:55:01 PM: Starting Musical: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\The Show Starts In 5 Minutes-2020.0002.81.play.lms.lcs
6:00:00 PM: Cannot read show file: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2020 Raw Sequences\2020-Christmas.lss
6:00:00 PM: Current show is entering shutdown mode
6:00:01 PM: Cannot read show file: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2020 Raw Sequences\2020-Christmas.lss
6:00:02 PM: Cannot read show file: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2020 Raw Sequences\2020-Christmas.lss
6:00:02 PM: Ending Musical: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\Playback\L\The Show Starts In 5 Minutes-2020.0002.81.play.lms.lcs
6:00:02 PM: Finished show: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2020-startup.lss
6:00:03 PM: Cannot read show file: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2020 Raw Sequences\2020-Christmas.lss
6:00:04 PM: Cannot read show file: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2020 Raw Sequences\2020-Christmas.lss
6:00:05 PM: Cannot read show file: C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2020 Raw Sequences\2020-Christmas.lss

Thanks in advance for any help!

Wen you say that t runs when you run it manually, do you mean that it works when you run a "Show on Demand", or something else?

The portion of the log you show has the working show come from the folder - C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\

The one failing indicates it should be in the folder - C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\2020 Raw Sequences\

2020 Raw Sequences is a folder below your Sequences folder.  Are you certain you have not moved 2020-Christmas.lss up to the folder C:\Users\Tom\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\

I'll check that out. It's not something I've moved on purpose. 

Thanks for the tip.

I'll check it and respond with what I found.

OK, apparently I did point to the wrong directory. I updated the schedule so I won't know for sure until tomorrow night. I'll test during the day, though.

The weird thing is that that show file doesn't exist in that directory. As far as I know it never has. When I just tried to add it from that wrong directory I got a message saying so. I don't know how it could have been added before.

So anyway, thanks for the help! You guys are the best!

Just closing the loop...

In the Scheduler, I deleted the shows pointing to the wrong directory and re-added the show pointing to the correct directory. All seems fine now.  Thanks again.

My Root Cause Analysis...

My initial test was flawed. I ADDED a show in an afternoon timeslot at the time I was testing (Friday). That meant I had to ADD the show and the ONLY way to add it was from the correct directory. And it started up and ran fine. I thought I was done. In the evening it failed again. It took me while to figure out that the test was flawed.

On Saturday, It thought I would edit the start time of that night's show (still pointing to the wrong directory) to an afternoon slot and see what happens. Basically, to recreate the issue and see if I get the same error messages in the log. Odd thing there was EVERTYIME I tried to edit the start time, I got a message that it was in conflict with another show, even though the next show wasn't scheduled for another 3 hours.

So I took it on faith, deleted all the bad show and re-added them. And, as above, all is fine now.

Sometimes you just have to trust your help! Thanks again for all the help!