Light-O-Rama Forums

Marty's Christmas in Cold Lake 2020

Marty Belisle

Couple of links to this years videos.  All the rest of the videos posted on YouTube under Marty's Christmas in Cold Lake 2020...

Lights of Christmas

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WOW...

Well you can tell who put a lot of time and effort into their Christmas Display - not going the even try to figure out the expense....

Just one question - do you own a warehouse or a 3 car garage to store all those props

VERY Nice Display....

Jimmy

• 10 months later...

Thanks, I have fabricated all my props with the mindset of storage and ease of set up/take down. I have been doing a display for 31 years so it’s been easy to accumulate lol. 

All pixels...nice. Gives you the ability to create whatever you wish. I like that you do what I liike to call, "sequencing for effect". Its so that not a ton of loud crashing lights rather designed for the music being used. Very nice.

Wholly smokes! That's impressive, I have yard Envy, you have so much great real estate. I actually spill into both my neighbors front yards a bit. Good thing they don't mind. :D

On 10/31/2021 at 2:14 PM, NWSanta said:

Wholly smokes! That's impressive, I have yard Envy, you have so much great real estate. I actually spill into both my neighbors front yards a bit. Good thing they don't mind. :D

I am getting smaller in my display.  There are a few things. After 14 years (this is year 14) of a musical light show I pretty much had enough. Setting up by myself isn't fun now in my mid 60s. You & Marty can keep the musical tradition alive. Even a fellow in Ontario is going smaller. A fellow in Edmonton that bought some of my controllers had one last year & I figure he will have another one this year. I have been helping others & I plan to do more of that in 2022. So my wife encouraged me to do a 14th year....so I am but smaller. Have fun guys.

Edited by lightzilla

Yeah I mean i'm in my late 40s and I keep saying I'll do it until I can't get on the roof anymore but, I wonder if it will slow down before that. Like you say, it's a lot of work when it's just you doing it all.

36 minutes ago, NWSanta said:

Yeah I mean i'm in my late 40s and I keep saying I'll do it until I can't get on the roof anymore but, I wonder if it will slow down before that. Like you say, it's a lot of work when it's just you doing it all.

Sometimes you have to or are forced to take a break like I am this season.

God willing I will be back at it next year.

JR

43 minutes ago, NWSanta said:

Getting cooler here in the Edmonton area. I am west of the city in a small town. I have all the main lights up. Tomorrow after work I will put out 1 of the trees with pixels on it. I will need to add the rest of the pixels on it. It comes in 3 sections. Next week it gets cooler at -1 as the high by Thursday. (snow maybe) ...so I want to get the trees out this week. Then add yard stuff as November goes on.

Anyhow climbing the ladder does not thrill me anymore. Almost slipped off the ladder 2 weeks ago. On a side note I wish we had a Canadian Forum again. 

Edited by lightzilla

18 hours ago, lightzilla said:

Getting cooler here in the Edmonton area. I am west of the city in a small town. I have all the main lights up. Tomorrow after work I will put out 1 of the trees with pixels on it. I will need to add the rest of the pixels on it. It comes in 3 sections. Next week it gets cooler at -1 as the high by Thursday. (snow maybe) ...so I want to get the trees out this week. Then add yard stuff as November goes on.

Anyhow climbing the ladder does not thrill me anymore. Almost slipped off the ladder 2 weeks ago. On a side note I wish we had a Canadian Forum again. 

Yeah I miss the Canadian Forum too, frankly forgot all about it. Honestly I've been more touching base in the Facebook Groups.

• Like 1

Very impressive display Marty.  Love it.

We have been just doing a static display the last few years, but this year everything is being set up.  Haven't been active on any forums for quite awhile, but just checked in.

Lightzilla and NWSanta, agree on missing the Canadian forums.  We were known as TheGrinches.  

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 7:39 AM, JandK said:

Very impressive display Marty.  Love it.

We have been just doing a static display the last few years, but this year everything is being set up.  Haven't been active on any forums for quite awhile, but just checked in.

Lightzilla and NWSanta, agree on missing the Canadian forums.  We were known as TheGrinches.  

I remember the name TheGrinches. I believe the Canadian forum was called Christmaslights.ca  I believe the Calgary forum was LightenupCalgary. On the Canadian forum I used Scott.  I believe Marty asked if you could run the forum but the answer was no . On a side note Marty's display is an awesome display. I believe he won the last contest we had on the forum. He has a winning house again.

• 3 months later...

Sitting in Yuma AZ right now hiding from the record snow and cold and just catching up on some of the older forum activity. Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments. I too miss the Canadian forum but understand it is probably a full time job managing the content even if your a computer wiz. Very thankful for the LOR forum and all its members for providing a great place to stay in tune and up to date with our crazy hobby. Everyone is so helpful. 

• 1 month later...

Wow Marty beautiful show , I wish I had your talent for sequencing, a few members mentioned they may be getting to old to do this I’m 76 and can’t wait until setup next year , the roof bothers me a bit but I can still do it. I would like to see your 2021 show. Keep up the good work.

Phil