Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy Multiple Channels to another Track

chartrand

I created a different track .10 sec for my arches and I'm trying to copy all the channels for each of my 3 arches a new track, but I'm not able to select and paste more than one at a time. Am I missing something?

Are the channels together?

If so, with the arrow tool selected click the first timing event for the first channel. Then just drag that down to the other channels you want to copy. Then select Edit from the top, then Select row(s). This only works though if the channels are grouped together.

Texan78 wrote:

Are the channels together?

If so, with the arrow tool selected click the first timing event for the first channel. Then just drag that down to the other channels you want to copy. Then select Edit from the top, then Select row(s). This only works though if the channels are grouped together.

Channels are grouped together, but I'm unable to get your above steps to work. I think Chuck is right, it's a one at a time process to copy channels to other tracks. What you describe above I believe it more for copying the actual light status (on, off, twinkle, shimmer fade, etc) from one section of the sequence to another.

-Patrick

Well that did get the 3 arches into the new track, the problem I have now though is that by doing this it creates just one big timing, when I was hoping to be prompted, so I could put in 10ths. Also now I can either live with all the channels in the new timing, or have to delete all the extras I don't want. Any other suggestions Bob, maybe I did something wrong and it should have prompted me for the timings?

-Patrick

Patrick...

You can copy/paste timings from one track to another.

I've found if you highlight an entire row, then "edit -> copy timing" you can simply go to the new track and "edit -> paste timing". It should paste it into the new track for you.

Existing timing is at a beat the Beat Wizard choose. The new Track I want to be at every 10th of a second to paste in my animations for arches.

Patrick

There are a bunch of ways to add timings. Here's one fairly quick way to add tenth-second timings to the entire track:

First, insert a single timing at 0.10 seconds, by right-clicking on the grid, selecting "Insert Timing at ...", and entering ".10" (or, if you actually right-click exactly at 0.10 seconds, a quicker option on the menu will be "Insert Timing at 0:00.10").

Next, select a single cell from 0 to 0.10.

Right-click, "Copy Timing".

Right-click, "Paste Timing Multiple".

Tell the dialog that pops up that you want to start timing at time zero, and paste timings horizontally "all the way to the end of the sequence".

There are other ways that may be quicker in certain situations, but this way will work in all situations.