Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio playing from Sequence Editor lower than computer audio

Capt Ike

One thing to check.

When Sequencer is open with a sequence loaded, there should be a volume slider in the Windows mixer specifically for the Sequencer. I don't use SS, but there may be one for that too. Similarly for the show player when running.

11 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

When Sequencer is open with a sequence loaded, there should be a volume slider in the Windows mixer specifically for the Sequencer. I don't use SS, but there may be one for that too. Similarly for the show player when running.

There is and that works to get them closer.

BTW, none of this applies for anyone still running Windows XP.

Edited by k6ccc

7 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

You can use the Amplify effect in Audacity to adjust the level of the song but if it is poorly recorded, or encoded it may start to sound noisy or distorted. You might also look into MP3Gain, a piece of software to normalize the levels of all your songs but again it may affect the quality.

Thanks Phil!  I took your suggestion and tried amplifying the sound and at first, I got too much distortion.  After watching some youtube videos about Audacity, I learned that I could increase the volume gain as well.  It took some trial and error, but I found a good mix of volume gain and amplification so that my track is louder without distortion.  It sounds much better now and should work for my show.  Always learning new things with this hobby!  Thank y'all!