Light-O-Rama Forums

S4 to S5 Archived channel question

machtoo

My existing S4 sequences all has SuperStar sequences for a 12 ribbon CCR tree.  When I created the visualizer I used the SuperStar prop for the CCR tree, configured the channels to my original addresses and it runs fine in the visualizer.  However, the convert process creates a complete set of redundant CCB channels in the archive.  I have tested deleting them and it did not affect the playback in the visualizer so I assume it will drive the controllers properly in a show?  Is this a correct assumption? Another way to ask is can you delete the CCB archive channels?

Hmmm. You mention S4 sequences, but I would only expect to see archive channels in the S5 sequencer. Do you mean that you are opening a .lms file in the S5 Sequencer and when it converts it to an S5 .loredit file then you end up with archive channels?

If that is what you mean, then yes you can delete the archive channels and things should still work. 

As for the exact reason the CCB archive channels get created, I'm not sure. Does your visualization have CCB channels? Does the Preview you are using when you open the .lms file have CCB channels?

Yes... post open/conversion in S5 sequencer. The new S5 preview has the imported SuperStar 12 ribbon CCR prop.  I did not use a visualization in S4.  The normal  process was to S4 to export the sequence from SS to an lms and then copy and paste into the channels in the main lms file.  This is what exists in each S4 sequence.  The S5 sequence has the entries for the CCR tree prop.  One I configured the imported SS CCR tree prop's addresses to match what existed, the SS sequence displays perfectly in the preview playback( amazing to see the full animation in the sequencer).  But the old CCB rows are all archived.  I have deleted them as a test and the preview still works perfectly on playback.

Side question...have not determined how to create a new SuperStar sequence in SuperStar and place it in the S5 sequence yet. I assume there is some slick way to associate the SS sequence to the CCR ribbon tree prop, but haven't moved to that step yet.  I have 36 S4 sequences (lms files) each with an embedded SS sequence to open and convert not that I have completed the preview design.

You can do it by opening the .lms file and if your Preview matches the channels used in the .lms file it will convert it to an S5 .loredit file

The other way is to use the .sup file. You do the following:

select the entire motion effect row for your CCR prop

right click in the selection and choose "insert superstar effect"

superstar will launch and you then open the .sup file

exit superstar and the data automatically gets sent to the Sequencer

After being back in the Sequencer it will ask if you want to save data, answer "yes"

After the Sequencer is done processing it will play what it just processed. Click on the stop button and then click on the Play button and it will play everything together with the music.

If they .sup file were purchased from www.superstarlights.com then you can do the above any superstar license level including the free demo. If they are .sup files from somewhere else then you will need the appropriate superstar license. So if you have the free demo version of superstar and they are not .sup files from www.superstarlights.com then you will need to use the method where you open a .lms file.

Thanks that seems it easy to insert the SS sequence.  When I imported the CCR tree prop from SS it created 4 rows in the S5 sequence (see pic)...
Ribbons 1-12 Member Props
ribbons 1-6
ribbons 7-12
Ribbons+6ch Star

Expanding them, they look redundant.  Each one of the 4 rows has 300 embedded rows (6 for each of the 50 pixels).

Which is the motion effect row? The rows in the pic were created automatically when I configured the CCR Tree prop addressing and saved.  Seems like what you described is a row that has to be added and configured as a motion affect row to allow insertion of the SS sequence.  Does it end up looking like this?

Still a bit fuzzy on what I am seeing vs what you describe.  Thanks, Dean

S5Sequencer.jpg

P.S.  It appears the Ribbons+6ch Star is a a Group comprised of the other 3 rows.  Just looked at it in S5 sequencer.

The Ribbons 1-12 is a group made up of the ribbons 1-6 and ribbons 7-12 rows.  Again, I did not create these, they were create automatically during the Add Prop process and selecting a SuperStar CCR 12 ribbon tree.

K, so by highlighting that row and right clicking  and selecting insert SS sequence it will open SS and allow me to load a sequence in SuperStar and it will show an option to insert in the S5 group...think I have it, thanks

Assume it will populate the other ribbon rows automagically :-)

So my remaining question...is it safe to delete the archived props that start with CCB after opening/importing the S4 sequence into S5?

Just for info, if interested, I have attached my Christmas show doc.  Each of the 30+ songs has a 360 channel LOR show combined with a 12 CCR SS sequence.  I have to complete converting the rest of the sequences to S5 now.  Appreciate your assist.

Please let me know if it is safe to delete the archived props that start with CCB after opening/importing the S4 sequence into S5?  I assume it is since the prop rows replaced them.  Not sure what coding magic transfers the sequence info the prop rows but it works.

LORChristmasShow2019.docx

I believe the Sequencer archives channels in case you need them in the future. If you don't need them, delete them and you should be fine. 

Brian, I highlighted the row, Ribbons+6ch Star, that was created by importing the prop but it is not offering the option in the right click menu to insert a SuperStar sequence.  It doesn't seem to recognize it as a motion row.  Any advice? I watched the tutorial and my S5 sequencer is not acting like the one in the video.   I am running the latest Pro version.

I did get it to finally show the Insert SS in the menu...it launched SS but closing the window like the tutorial I get a not data received error in the S6 sequencer?