Light-O-Rama Forums

Non LOR pixel controller

Mike Z

I am trying to get my S5 software to recognize a non LOR pixel controller. I set up the controller IP address in the LOR network but, it still doesn't recognize it. My current setup uses 2 LOR CTB16 ac controllers and I wanted to try adding a mega tree. The controller I am using for the Pixel tree is a Hinkspix Pro. Any help would be appreciated.

Non LOR controllers are normally setup on the E1.31 network and the LOR software won't recognize it like a traditional LOR controller in the HU.

Never heard of that controller, but I assume since you said that it has an IP address, it is an E1.31 controller.  As such, first of all, DO NOT CONNECT THIS TO YOUR LOR NETWORK!  Could result in the magic smoke leaking out of something.  LOR networking is RS-485 serial and E1.31 uses Ethernet.

An E1.31 controller connects to your computer via the Ethernet LAN connection.  The Hardware Utility will never recognize it, but via the pixel console part of the HU, you can send commands to an E1.31 controller.  From a Windows command window, you should be to ping the controller.  If you can't ping it, then you need to configure your networking.  Please tell us the IP of your computer, the IP of the Hinkspix Pro, and how the two are connected (more details are better than too little - we're not mind readers).

1 minute ago, k6ccc said:

Never heard of that controller,

Hinkspix controllers are or use to be sold by HC and yes, they are E1.31 controllers. I have a few of them as well.

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Hinkspix controllers are or use to be sold by HC and yes, they are E1.31 controllers. I have a few of them as well.

Google is your friend and I figured that out...

IP address of the controller as well as Universe numbers set into the Network Preferences, must match. Is your computer on that same network subnet?

• The topic was locked