Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie2 Issue

c7williams

I am having a weird issue going on with one of my pixie2 controllers. 

After my shows end about 50% of the time my one tree that has 300 pixels connected to a pixie2 flashings white Randomly until it’s unplugged and plugged back in. It may not flash again for a few shows or may flash again after the next show 

Any ideas? 

Had much rain. Check connections for moisture intrusion. Check RJ45 connectors and jacks for moisture, bent pins, loose jacks etc. 

Could be moisture getting into one or more pixels. Look for patterns as to where it starts or stops, etc.

12 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Had much rain. Check connections for moisture intrusion. Check RJ45 connectors and jacks for moisture, bent pins, loose jacks etc. 

Could be moisture getting into one or more pixels. Look for patterns as to where it starts or stops, etc.

had lots of rain and now snow but it was doing it when it was dry out as well. It does it randomly after shows end... flashes white every like 3 seconds. unplug and re plug in and its all good. all the pixels connec ted to that controller flash not just some

1 hour ago, c7williams said:

had lots of rain and now snow but it was doing it when it was dry out as well. It does it randomly after shows end... flashes white every like 3 seconds. unplug and re plug in and its all good. all the pixels connect ted to that controller flash not just some

I just had the same at Thanksgiving. I accidentally left a port on the T extension cord adapter face up and all of the rain got in it. I unplugged it for a day and then changed the open port. I haven't had a random flash since. Mine affected 6 LOR singing trees.

JR

10 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I just had the same at Thanksgiving. I accidentally left a port on the T extension cord adapter face up and all of the rain got in it. I unplugged it for a day and then changed the open port. I haven't had a random flash since. Mine affected 6 LOR singing trees.

JR

I’ll have to check the plugs tomorrow. Thanks JR

• 2 weeks later...