Light-O-Rama Forums

Having an issue scheduling my shows.

Joecap393

I am running a number of 19min shows(randomly) every half hour, 6:00, 6:30, etc... I have a 15 minute animation sequence of all lights "ON" as the last item in the show(s), and I have it in the Music sequence section of the scheduler.

Last year, when I used LOR1, this worked fine. When the next show started, it would kill the previous show(All lights "ON" sequence), and start the next show. Now this year, the system is letting the first show finish before the next one will start. Which, unfortunatly throws off my whole schedule. What am I doing wrong?

Am I missing something easy here??

Thanks!:P

Joe

Joe,

How very strange of you to post this today. For the past week I've been running a 'test show' of sorts. I have static lights that run 30min prior to the musical portion of the show.

I have a show with just the animation, and I put it into the musical tab. (That's where Dan said to put it.) It would run until 5:59:58. At 6:00:00, the main show is scheduled to come on.

Tonight, though, it didn't happen. LOR was waiting for that static sequence to finish.

In my opinion when you use an animation sequence in this manner you need to keep the length of the sequence short. Such as about 1 minute. Reason for this, is LOR will not stop any sequence playing, it allows it to complete then moves on to the next. Worse case here is your regurlar show may start 59 seconds later than the 6:00 start time. Who will know but you? Not like every one of your visitors have time sync watches on them.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

Reason for this, is LOR will not stop any sequence playing, it allows it to complete then moves on to the next.

Up until last night this was not the case.

I had a static-sequence loaded into a 'pre-show' show. The static sequence was/is loaded into the musical section.

Then, in my scheduler I loaded the 'pre-show' from 5:30 until 6:00pm. Then at 6:00 I loaded my 'musical-show'.

Every night, until last night, the animation would stop right at 6:00pm, and the musical would start.

How strange ...

I moved the static animation file into the animation section.

Now LOR will cut-off the animation only show, and start the musical show.

Joecap393, try putting your animation in the animation section.

At the end of the show, LOR will not cut off the currently playing sequence in the "musical" section. It will let it play to completion before actually stopping the show. This is by design; things in the "musical" section are likely to be musical sequences, and we don't want to just abruptly cut the song off.

As did an earlier poster, I would suggest putting the sequence in the "animation" section instead. Sequences in this section will be abruptly cut off when the show goes into shutdown mode - that is, when both the scheduled end time of the show has been reached and the currently playing sequence from the "musical" section (if any) has finished.

Ok, I might be overcomplicating this; all I really want to do is have all the lights "on" in between the musical shows which start at the top of every half hour. I tried putting the animation sequence into the "Animation section", and now I have the animation not executing at all, and the musical shows are now looping back to the beginning. I built a 31 minute animation sequence and placed it in the "Animation Section", and have about 19 minutes of musical sequences in the
Musical Sequence" section.

It sounds like the musical sequence(s) are overriding the animation sequence, and the 31 min sequence is not even executing. Then when the music is complete, there is no animation because the show was never allowed to start.

I am thinking that maybe I should create a number of 1 minute "All Lights On" shows, and have them run after the musical show. There must be an easier way.;)

Thanks,

Joe

By Joe, I think you got it.

The animation tab is for background animation that plays during the show. These are for separate elements that are not part of the musical sequence (snowmen playing catch for example).

I think you have it figured out. A little time consuming but create musical shows and animations shows, don't combine them.

Schedule musical show 1 to start at 6:00
Schedule animation 1 to start at 6:15 (won't physically start until music show 1 stops)
Schedule musical show 2 to start at 6:30

And so on.

Animation files have an .LAS file extension and musical files have an .LMS file extension. Is it possible that you need to save the animation as an animation file and not a musical file to have the show play properly?

Just a little heads up about the following thing I said earlier in this thread:

At the end of the show, LOR will not cut off the currently playing sequence in the "musical" section. It will let it play to completion before actually stopping the show. This is by design; things in the "musical" section are likely to be musical sequences, and we don't want to just abruptly cut the song off.

As of the next release of the software, that will only apply to musical sequences. If an animation sequence is in the musical section, and it happens to be playing at the scheduled end of show, it will be abruptly cut off.

Musical sequences in the musical section will still play to their natural end.