Light-O-Rama Forums

Advanced to Pro?

James Hill

Thinking of Xmas presents to myself...or wife to me...LOL

Looked around but couldn't find the right place to look.

What is the cost to move from Advanced to Pro?

Thinking of getting into pixels next season. Would I need a different USB adapter?

Would it be smart to have pixels on one and dumb LEDs on another?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks again for all the help!

Advanced to pro is 50 bucks.

You should get the red adaptor for pixels and run the old black one for the rest.

If you don't have enough usb ports on your machine you can add a powered hub.

Get ready for thousands of channels.

10 minutes ago, James Hill said:

Looked around but couldn't find the right place to look.

What is the cost to move from Advanced to Pro?

$50

http://store.lightorama.com/s2soup.html

10 minutes ago, James Hill said:

Thinking of getting into pixels next season. Would I need a different USB adapter?

Depends on what you have now.  Assume for pixels in any real quantity, you will need either 500K Enhanced or 1000K Enhanced if using LOR networking, or E1.31 if you go that route.  Any new USB adapters bought should be the high speed red ones.

11 minutes ago, James Hill said:

Would it be smart to have pixels on one and dumb LEDs on another?

Again, depends a little on what you have and how many pixels you plan on adding.  If your existing controllers will operate on a 500K Enhanced network ( see http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/ ), they you could put them all on one unless you REALLY are adding a lot.  However it is very common to put pixels on one network and other stuff on a separate network.  In my case, I have three:  Regular is 56K non-enhanced,  AuxA is 115K Enhanced, and AuxB is 500K Enhanced.  The Regular network normally has exactly one InputPup.  That can't be on an Enhanced network, and is used for my year round landscape lighting, but is not used for Christmas.  The AuxA is all the controllers that are used for the year round landscape lighting, and at Christmas (currently) there is one more CTB16 that is used for my singing faces.  AuxB is used for my 300 Cosmic Color Pixels.  In addition to that, I have 66K channels on E1.31.  The only reason that the CCPs are on a separate network from AuxA is physical convenience.  Most of my networking is permanently installed in conduit.

18 minutes ago, James Hill said:

Anything else I should know?

You'll come up with lots of question.  Feel free to ask.

Welcome to pixels!

I see a couple people already answered some of your questions, but I already had this typed...

On 11/30/2020 at 5:51 PM, James Hill said:

Thinking of getting into pixels next season. Would I need a different USB adapter

I finally jumped into pixels this year with 2 CCCs with bullet pixels...   My existing AC controllers were G3 so I was able upgrade the firmware so they could run Enhanced network and utilize my existing USB adapter that I already had...  Will get the red one with my Spring order though ;)

T