Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP please

James Hill

I had an older version of S5, didn't uninstall just loaded 5.5.14...seemed to work...I can load Sequence Editor and play back any of my sequences (takes a bit to load now). Now I am running Hardware Utility and it finds all controllers...clicked on Verifier and LOR cannot find anyANY of my sequences. Should I uninstall and reinstall to the most recent version? If so, how is the right way to remove and re-install without loosing the sequences.

Sequence file does not exist   Error 23  

Yes go to 16. see the posts above

No need to uninstall if you are going "up" usually. BUT you should ALWAYS be backed up, you never know.......

OK... Went and clicked on the latest version...now I get on LOR Installer Wizard....Some files that need to be updated are currently in use...LORTray (Process Id:2344)...Along the bottom screen there is only the Install Wizard running...now what?

Now I turned off the computer...turned it back on...unloaded LOR...went and clicked on the latest version...loaded fine...but checked with Verifier....still cannot find any of the sequences???? Need Help!!!

Unload  control panel first and any other lor programs.

If the installer is hung I suggest you reboot first, then unload CP the start the install

Verifier is not reliable. Why are you checking it. Don't you know where your sequences are.

Create your show. Run Sequence Compressor on the show file LSS and when it completes play it on demand to test it.

I saw the "Use Compressed Sequences" was checked in the menu under the Light Bulb icon. Never used this before...started compressing each sequence and saving it...checked the verifier and it seems to reduce the errors as I complete each....now....in Show Editor do I select these new files? becasue the icon states it is a Text Document? Thanks for the help so far.

Here's how it works.

You create the show using your LOREDIT files. 

Save the show file.

Open sequence Compressor, Right click on light bulb Sequence Compressor. In the compress a show, choose your show file LSS. and compress. It may take a little while.

Compressed sequences is better checked but you are not just compressing files, you are also creating the playback files as well.

These files are ALL created in a hidden folder in the LORinternal folder. You don't need to do ANYTHING to them.

Just play the above showfile  on demand or scheduled and the show player will know where to look.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the help. I got things going now. December will be brighter than my lights this year. You all have helped out a lot!!! Thank you.

I think soon though I will be asking more questions  because I am thinking of expanding to pixels for next year....a whole new world of hurt!!! LOL

Merry Christmas everyone!!! Shine on.

On 11/29/2020 at 4:50 PM, James Hill said:

Just wanted to thank everyone for the help. I got things going now. December will be brighter than my lights this year. You all have helped out a lot!!! Thank you.

I think soon though I will be asking more questions  because I am thinking of expanding to pixels for next year....a whole new world of hurt!!! LOL

Merry Christmas everyone!!! Shine on.

Good evening Sir. I, too, am having issues. I hear my show audio, but cannot get my lights to function. I saw where you said you compressed your sequences. I am new to the whole s5 software this year. Can you explain how you did that?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 5:11 PM, Nails Family Christmas said:

Good evening Sir. I, too, am having issues. I hear my show audio, but cannot get my lights to function. I saw where you said you compressed your sequences. I am new to the whole s5 software this year. Can you explain how you did that?

Sorry, I haven't been on-line....hope you got things going...I see PhilMassey replied to look at his previous post. If you clicked on the lightbulb icon and look at the pop up list...you should see the compress heading...you can compress the sequence, the show, or the whole schedule.