Light-O-Rama Forums

Cut/paste locking up PC

metallus2000

Has anyone run into this issue? I have two computers, the newer one has no issues I-9 processor, 64 GB DD4 ram. The older one, locks up every time I try to cut and paste more than one line. I-5 processor, 32 GB ram

Only happens in LOR. The version is S-5 5.5.6. I have no issues on the newer PC copy/pasting. I even have a run command set-up that clears cache. Is there a setting in LOR to fix this?

Edited by metallus2000
correction

Have you tried and just wait it out.  Almost every SE action I do on my S4 laptop, results in a 'Not Responding' for ~30 seconds (no disk activity, so I have no idea what is going on)

Under Tools -> Sequencer Preferences -> Channel Effects you can turn off "Split RGB channels" and that will save some memory. That might help.

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

Have you tried and just wait it out.  Almost every SE action I do on my S4 laptop, results in a 'Not Responding' for ~30 seconds (no disk activity, so I have no idea what is going on)

1 hour, nada. It seems to be a bigger problem when I use, "paste special." Perhaps too much for memory if I try to go to end of the view in the sequence?

47 minutes ago, Don said:

Under Tools -> Sequencer Preferences -> Channel Effects you can turn off "Split RGB channels" and that will save some memory. That might help.

No difference. I think it's a memory issue. At least I can create in the newer computer and transfer to older one running show. I was just hoping it would have been something obvious I missed.

13 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

There were some improvements to paste special recently 5.5.12. Hang ups on paste to the end of the sequence.

ah cool. I will update in Jan...thanks.

24 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Your call, but there have been a lot of fixes over the past few updates.

I'll try it tomorrow. "Really big Shoe," about to run (5 PM)