Light-O-Rama Forums

HOW TO CREATE A SHOW

Eric35

I am new to LOR and I am having a hard time figuring out the scheduler. I have 4 songs already sequenced and I am looking to create a show with these sequences starting 15 minutes apart with my lights staying on in between each song. Do I need to merge all these sequences into one sequence to do so? Is there a way for me to control my lights like a switch to just turn them all on?

1 hour ago, Eric35 said:

I have 4 songs already sequenced and I am looking to create a show with these sequences starting 15 minutes apart with my lights staying on in between each song.

Please don't do it this way.  I really don't understand why so many new people want to leave large gaps in their show.  Here's why you really don't want to do this.  People will come by and the lights are static between songs.  They keep on driving and likely never return "to that static display".  People are not going to sit around and wait 12 or 13 minutes between songs.

Edited by k6ccc

11 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Please don't do it this way.  I really don't understand why so many new people want to leave large gaps in their show.  Here's why you really don't want to do this.  People will come by and the lights are static between songs.  They keep on driving and likely never return "to that static display".  People are not going to sit around and wait 12 or 13 minutes between songs.

Thank you for the input. I never honesty thought of it that way I really was just trying to give the full effect of the house both during the show as well as fully lit. hence why i was putting the brake in between songs.

The one you can do (and some people do) is put in a maybe 30 second static lights with the audio file announcing that this is your fill lights photo opportunity.  Best if you can give earlier announcement that it is coming so people can get their camera ready.  For example, in your "welcome to the show" announcement include something like "After Jingle Bells, the lights will all turn on for 30 seconds so you can get a full lit photo"