Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencer Not Shutting Down

BobW

I'm running 5.5.16 Pro. When I 'X' out of the Sequencer, to close it, it doesn't close. The red X goes gray, and nothing in the window can be selected, but the window doesn't close. This also happened on previous versions. Activity in the Task Manager shows 0%, with an occasional 0.1%. I usually end up killing the task, then using the red bulb to Unload the CP. It's at most annoying, but not the proper behavior. Maybe DevMike has a suggestion for something to try, or to capture for troubleshooting.

Bob W

22 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Just the obvious suggestions.

Reboot.

Uninstall and reinstall.

Neither make a difference.

Bob W

I uninstalled Light-O-Rama, ran CCleaner (registry cleaner), and reinstalled. It appears to be working at the moment. I tried to find the LOR Registry Wiper, but couldn't find the download. Is this something you have to get the link from the Helpdesk for?

Bob W

I am in need of help. I added holiday coro box to my display this year for an updated version of my ribbon tree and matrixes. I have done all the required IP changes for the universes on the network pref, the ethernet connection, closed all the firewalls, pinged the box, ipconfig to confirm ethernet connection, comm listener seems to be working. even did a dummy sequencing editor to text. Holiday coro test mode works correctly, Even went out and bought a new computer and reset it up but the comm listerner will not engage. I have window 7 on old computer and windows 10 on new. I am desperate. I have a very big display and so disappointed right now and for spectators. Any help is appreciated. 

On 11/28/2020 at 11:26 PM, k6ccc said:

Jim, do you know if using that program, if it will also delete the default directory used and all files in it?

I need to backup my latest stuff before I use this program no matter what.  But would like to know f the LOR Registry Wipe clears everything in the registry, as well as anything related on the Hard Drive{s}.

It will not touch your data files BUT backup anyway.

It will remove all your settings and clean the registry. If I recall it gives you the option to remember your license key, but make sure you have it anyway.

19 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

It will not touch your data files BUT backup anyway.

It will remove all your settings and clean the registry. If I recall it gives you the option to remember your license key, but make sure you have it anyway.

Thanks Phil.  Always safe than sorry.   Will create a new backup of everything and then use the program.  Hoping maybe if I use it and re-install, I'll get my shimmer, twinkle and on commands to look like their old selves again. Instead of ON commands.