Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixels are flashing instead of steady

dgrant

First I've seen this, my pixel trees appear to be quickly flashing/blinking while running the show. Its reminiscent of S4 trying to run both direct control test patterns from the E1.31 controllers and the control panel at the same time. Just in this case, its not, only the CP commanding the lights via the show player. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I've tested and tested anything and everything I can think of but finally got down too I "think" the show player/comm-listener are the cause. Running a sequence via the sequencer itself with control lights checked, works perfectly outside. Running the same sequence, after compression, blinks/flashy appearance outside. Now this is all via E1.31. I've run the gambit of everything with the firewall, AV, OS, testing GB switches, tightening connections, examining closely each sequence for errors and after all that, it comes down to the show player.

Edited by dgrant

Most of my show is E1.31 over 8 controllers and 3 switches, using 5.5.16. It has been rock solid except for a few pixel failures. Everything is Unicast on a second NIC in my PC dedicated to nothing but lights. The onboard NIC is on the house network and internet so I can run MIIP.

3 switches, 5 e1.31 controllers, all from a serious PC, all gb capability. Whatever is causing this, only happens with the show player. Runs normally with just the sequencer. Everything is on unicast

Edited by dgrant

I found it finally. It was my background sequence was fully loaded with all channels therefore it was sending all off commands while the running sequences had them turned on. I found a posting from Don just a few days ago that mentioned this and sure enough, its fixed. Thank You Don even though you didn't see this!