Light-O-Rama Forums

sequencer editor trouble

sysco

What would cause the bar in the sequencer editor to lag way behind and freeze throwing the whole  sequence  off making unplayable  tried reinstall of S4.4.4  , HIT repair ,unload light o rama nothing is working, made up new sequences still the same need some help   i'm lost any ideas  thank you Blair 

Are you talking about while sequencing or trying to play to control the lights from the Sequencer?

My first guess is that either your CPU or more likely your video card can't keep up.  I ended up replacing my sequencing computer a couple years ago because the video card simply could not keep up.

below are my specs:

Intel® Core™ i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz

GRAPHICS

Intel® UHD Graphics 630

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

AUDIO

NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Intel® Display Audio

Realtek Audio

NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

THX Spatial - Synapse

NETWORKING AND I/O

Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Adapter

Killer E2400 Gigabit Ethernet Controller

MEMORY

16 GB

STORAGE

KXG60ZNV256G NVMe TOSHIBA 256GB

ST1000DM010-2EP102

So do you have a lot of RGB elements in your sequence? 

When my other system was operational that had the better graphics, video and memory to run my shows fine, when doing real time sequencing, many times it would lag when testing directly from the SE.   Just seems to be the nature of the beast.

Yes, it can get frustrating, but depending on the number of RGB elements, controller types and network speeds or if using a single network, this seems to be common occurrence.

As long as the actual show plays correctly, that's the main thing, if it isn't.   Only other probable cause could be an excessive number of background programs are hijacking the CPU when the sequence is playing in the SE.  You'll have to figure out what background programs are running and which ones you can disable or stop that aren't necessary, then the SE shouldn't lag or at least not as bad.

Edited by Orville

You show two graphic adaptors in your list. The Intel is the on motherboard video chipset. Usually fairly mediocre speed.

Are you sure that is disabled in the Bios or UEFI and you are actually running on the much faster Nvidia add in card.

On 11/27/2020 at 4:06 PM, PhilMassey said:

You show two graphic adaptors in your list. The Intel is the on motherboard video chipset. Usually fairly mediocre speed.

Are you sure that is disabled in the Bios or UEFI and you are actually running on the much faster Nvidia add in card.

Phil  it is running on the faster one   thank  you Blair 

Thank You  to all those who replied you guys are an asset to the lor community it does play ok outside so far????  now i have a problem with the 16 pixie controller  it blew five fuses # 1, #3 ,#4 .# 7  #8 ON the first bank 1-- 8 this is odd why the others in bank one not blow as well   Bank 9-16 All working fine  trouble trouble follows me  ha ha will work on it tomorrow sent a ticket to lor did every thing they suggested  wires, power supplies, put in new fuses  powered every thing up  tested  the  board same thing did not blow any fuses lights would not come on ????

27 minutes ago, sysco said:

now i have a problem with the 16 pixie controller  it blew five fuses # 1, #3 ,#4 .# 7  #8 ON the first bank 1-- 8 this is odd why the others in bank one not blow as well   

How many of what type of pixels are on those ports?  Did they blow as soon as you powered the Pixie 16 or did they blow while running the show?

38 minutes ago, sysco said:

Jim there is only 50 pixels on each port  they blew when i started the show but only on the first bank Blair 

Any possibility you have Mixed in 5V strings on a 12V controller?

Or you mixed up the  + and - wires to the string.

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

Any possibility you have Mixed in 5V strings on a 12V controller?

Or you mixed up the  + and - wires to the string.

I don't have any 5v strings all 12 v  the pig tails were not changed, last year  was the first year for pixel tree it worked fine  just hooked up the lights that's what happened  thank  you 

12 hours ago, sysco said:

I don't have any 5v strings all 12 v  the pig tails were not changed, last year  was the first year for pixel tree it worked fine  just hooked up the lights that's what happened  thank  you 

I am running out of ideas:   2,5,6 did not blow? were they in the sequence?

Cat whiskers at the pigtail to board plug. Tin or ferral  the wires.recommended.

Critter damage to the strings wires.  Far end of strings (those with wires only) separated and sealed to prevent shorting (I just use a dab of Hot Glue. Liquid tape is an alternate)

(really bad) Corrosion around the connectors (you may need to inspect the backside of the pixie)  You would not believe what a Cola spill will do to a board in hours 😲

Nothing these are all new last year stored in the furnace room not in garage no marks nothing just going out side to hook all the pig tails up using a new spare Pixie 16 spare board  see what happens thank you for you replies Blair   

Got the spare board out tried to configure it  said can not find it  0 boards found  brand new board never used talking to lor this morning  waiting to hear back