Light-O-Rama Forums

Noob looking for help, should be simple

ChristianMichael

Ok so I get my controller tomorrow. I started playing with the software yesterday and feel like I'm looking at alien spacecraft dashboard.  He's the simple setup I'm doing. I have a video that has music and voices from "A christmas carol"  I have 3 ghosts and scrooge props. I also have 2 giant facade buildings that look like old london.  I want 5 or more spotlights (just on and off) to light up as the particular ghost is talking. Then I want the lights to go to the music and dance around during the music. Should be simple on off commands. I'm just not sure where to start. I feel super confused and stupid lol.  I use video editing software ALL the time but this is a tad intimidating. Any guidance would be FANTASTIC !!!!

Near the top of the forum on the Blue bar look for FAQ's - ** LOOK HERE **

That has a dropdown.  Look for Typical setups and Video Tutorials.  After you have watch off of the ones that appear to apply to you, then start asking specific questions.  The videos should get you well on the way.

BTW, I am going to tell you this because it has been asked SO MANY TIMES this year.  The LOR controllers use RJ-45 connectors and Cat-5 cable (the same as is used for an Ethernet LAN).  HOWEVER, LOR use RS-485 serial communication (NOT ETHERNET!!!!!).  DO NOT connect your LOR devices into any sort of Ethernet device.  Doing so under the wrong set of circumstances can result in the majic blue smoke leaking out.  If you don't get that one, what really makes all electronics work is magic blue smoke.  When it leaks out, the stuff quits working :)

• Thanks 1