Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights misfiring

gopep1

Hello All,

I increased from 128 channels this year to 256. All LED. The lights run perfectly on sequence on controller Unit 1. Unit 2 they are delayed. After that , the other units light up the wrong channels, delay the channels , or do not light them at all. I have run the verifier and it checks good. I have also replaced cat 5 cables. I have compressed all sequences and run the show multiple times. This is my 3rd year and I have never run into this. This year I did create a new channel config because we moved.

2020 comfig 7.lcc

I had/have problems when I plug too many controllers into one extension cord, I get odd blinks and other problems.  You don't mention how you have them plugged in, maybe this will give you another avenue to look at. 

You can literally hang 64 devices on one daisy-chain cable. Most of us do not do that and establish more than one network but in your case, it shouldn't be needed. How are you daisy-chaining? It should be into one controller then out of the same one, to the next one. No, they do not need to be in order. But, you need to set individual addresses on each controller and they are in DEC/HEX addressing. So for example, now you have 8 controllers. I'm assuming AC controllers, 16 channels each. Addresses can be, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 and do not duplicate. In the sequencer, you need to insure you are addressing the proper controllers for the desired channels.

On 11/22/2020 at 5:25 PM, gopep1 said:

Hello All,

I increased from 128 channels this year to 256. All LED. The lights run perfectly on sequence on controller Unit 1. Unit 2 they are delayed. After that , the other units light up the wrong channels, delay the channels , or do not light them at all. I have run the verifier and it checks good. I have also replaced cat 5 cables. I have compressed all sequences and run the show multiple times. This is my 3rd year and I have never run into this. This year I did create a new channel config because we moved.

2020 comfig 7.lcc 45.29 kB · 1 download

Looking at that LCC:  (it is a really a text file. Open it with Notepad++ (it handles XML and other programming languages)

You have multiple uses of the same ID in places: OF (16) was one  I am surprised verifier did not squawk

• The topic was locked