Light-O-Rama Forums

Programming Complete!

sasmuse

It's done! I finished up the sequencing for my show a couple of minutes ago. Now I can't wait to start setting it up to actually see it come to life!!!!

How's everyone else doing? Am I the last one?!?!?

Sally

PS I'm gonna have to start sooner next year......

Good planning Sally! I seriously doubt you are the last one ;-)
From things I've seen on this board in the last couple years, some folks tweak until the last second. As for me, we get everything done by October 1.

Hi Jeff,
Good to hear from you. I was so bummed when I wasn't able to make the mini this year. I'm hoping that next year I'll be able to get to our local mini AND the big PLUS one in Kentucky in '09.

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to do a display this year, but if you say you have some big ideas I'm sure they'll be worth the wait!

As for the sequence, do you mean the "What is Christmas?" by TSO? If yes, would you like the 48-channel version (from Christmas 2006) or the "new for 2008" 112 channel version? People really liked that song and requested I bring it back.

And for you....they're free! I'm more than happy to share! Let me know and say "hi" to Dawn for me. ;)

Sally

I'm not done but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still have to add in the mega tree into my TSO Christmas Eve sequence and I've just started on my last new song of the year Grinch by Whirling Dervish. I think this song will go fairly quickly because I see a lot of what I want to do with it in my head.

Get those done and I'll have my 12 songs ready for the season. Then I'll just update my "static" sequence and a couple of voiceovers, transfer it all to the show computer, cross my fingers, and hope it works.

I also finished putting up all the major parts of the display today so I can start getting the controllers out and start the wiring process.

20 days and counting.....tick tick tick

Congratulations Sally. And no, you are not the last one. I've still got one more song to go and one voice over. I've started setting up, but the last three days have been rainy and cold, so the outside decorating is on hold. It did give me a chance to do some sequencing though. The rain is gone, but still cold. Kind of gets you into the Christmas spirit. Cold or not, have to move forward with the set-up. Neighborhood preview is on the 25th.

Hey Brian,
Wow 12 songs!!! I was shooting for 7 but didn't get started on the programming until late July then life comes along so I had to readjust my goal. I'm only doing 4 but they are done well (at least I think so....)

We'll be starting to set up outside this weekend but the main stuff (mega-tree, arches, and light storms) won't go up until the Friday after Thanksgiving. However the infrastructure :P will be in place (cords and controllers).

Debut is 11/29....like you say....tick tick tick!

Well it's not 12 NEW songs. There will be 4 new songs. The other 8 are all reworks of older ones. This will be the first year where I've actually dropped some of my other older onces completely.

Hello everybody,

I am very excited to finally be able to do my first post (wanted to get the equipment first to be apart of the club). I just got my first 16 CH controller last Wednesday and felt like a kid again. Should have at lest 64 CH but thinking 80 CH next year with a FM transmitter. I took Thu and Fri off so I could get all the lights up on the house before it got cold and nasty (ladder work).

We are doing everything trimmed in white, red and green. I got the peaks, roof edge, windows and wreath up and done. That took me from 8 – 5 Thu and Fri to get done but the funnest part was the section that is 3 stories tall and we live on a hill (man that is a long ways down). Total lights I have up so far are 6152 and when done I think I will be at just under 9000. I still have a long way to go to catch up to you guys/gals.

Today I linked up all the equipment and tested it all plus ran a few shows that I made with out one snag (man that never happens). That HLD4 program is a very, very, very useful tool to have with LOR when making shows.

Thanks for reading and happy lighting.
The Doty’s

I keep going until light up and then tweak things for about a week. Right now on song 7 and still have to redo about 5 voice overs and maybe another song. Darn football team keeps making me stop to watch.

Sally,

I hate to be the one to break the news to you.

You only think your done. You'll have a dream or a vision of an addition, or you will review your show and find some kinks. You may even feel tempted to write one more song. just one more. It's only one. C'mon you know you want to.

Muhahahahah!

Tom

Ha, ha Tom you speak lots of truth!!!! In fact just yesterday I was thinking I could probably do 1 more song...... and I am tweaking a song to add just a few more "things"....

So, I know...I won't really be done until the night I fire it up!!!

...but it makes me feel better to "think" I'm done!!!

I was 97% (3% for tweak night) ready until I heard about the exploding C6's. Now I just need to redo my megas to remove the fades.

I am Half way there oh well

I still have till Thanksgiving till the lights come on

The only songs I got done and most are persequenced/edited are

Blue Christmas

Queen of the winter night

Christmas Eve Sarajevo

Wizards of Winter

And I still have about 10 more to do

I thought I was done until the City asked me mid=last month to throw a display together for them. THANK GOD all of my sequencing is done. I just have my Leaping arches to install and wire and then I'm done. Or so I hope so. I'm feverishly working on as much sequencing as I can for the City. So far it's 5 songs and 12 minutes total.

It's always a big load off your shoulders when you have all your sequencing done!!!

I hope to be done my setup by the weekend...

-Evan

Hi, Sally:

Congrats and you're definitely not the last one, I think I'm last right now... With two kids now and new job responsibilities, I don't have much time at all. I actually have to hire someone in order to save some time to get icicle lights on the highest parts of my roof. Add some new elements and the cold weather, all of a sudden, you're behind.

I may come up your way to see your display since I may be in your area this Christmas.

Good Luck!

Hi Jeff!

Jeff Millard wrote:

bossgroove wrote:
Sally,

You only think your done. You'll have a dream or a vision of an addition, or you will review your show and find some kinks. You may even feel tempted to write one more song. just one more. It's only one. C'mon you know you want to.

Muhahahahah!

Tom

This is a really funny post! LOL But... I hate to break the news to ya bossgroove... I've seen Sally's display on DVD and on the local news channel a year ago. There ain't no tweakin' or changes needed. It's 'bout perrrfect! She ain't kiddin' when she says she's done and ready to go.

Jeff

She even concurred with my post!!!! I feel that we are never done, and there is so much more that we all want to do.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Hi Roy! Nice to hear from you!

I'll PM you my cell number. Call me when you go by Sally's and Dawn and I will try to make it up there the same night. We can have a mini-mini!

Jeff

That would be so cool! If y'all decide to do a field trip let me know what night and, depending on the time, I'll make dinner for everyone...nothing fancy...just fun!

Sally

bossgroove wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
bossgroove wrote:
Sally,

Muhahahahah!

Tom

This is a really funny post! LOL But... I hate to break the news to ya bossgroove... I've seen Sally's display on DVD and on the local news channel a year ago. There ain't no tweakin' or changes needed. It's 'bout perrrfect! She ain't kiddin' when she says she's done and ready to go.

Jeff

She even concurred with my post!!!! I feel that we are never done, and there is so much more that we all want to do.

Actually you're both right! When I said I was done; I was done. If I needed to run the show immediately it would be ready to go. That said, my SOP for pre-show prep is to "finish" programming and leave it alone for a few days. Then I'll return and review and do very minor tweaks prior to "light-up". After the initial running and seeing the actual product, I'll spend the next day or two making minor adjustments.

After those minor adjustments the show is set; I let it run and enjoy it! So...by December 1, I'll be starting to plan next year's show.

Actually, I've already started thinking (and scheming) about next year's show. I'm an addict....;)

• The topic was locked