Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with Simple Show Builder

Gary Levelius

I'm having problems getting Simpe, Show Builder to recognized audio file names.. Sequences that load just fine in the Sequence Editor report "Unable to locate Audio File" errors on Simple Show Builder.

The problem seems to stem from ANY audio file name that contains any spaces or dashes, even though those file names are LEGAL WINDOWS FILENAMES.

Does anyone have ANY guidelines as to what file name lengths are valid (short ones seem to cause trouble too) and if punctuation (dashes) and spaces are allowed? All of the things that cause problems with the audio file names DO NOT affect the SEQUENCE names at all. Shouldn't the rules be consistant????

No reply after two days from Light-O-Rama, so I'm asking here.

-Gary-

Are your files all located in the default locations as LOR sets up the directories when the sequence editor is run the first time. i don't use the simple show builder, I find the normal show editor to work just fine.

Chuck

I just tried a media file whose name contains all sorts of things - letters, numbers, spaces, hyphens, curly braces, periods, and even an n with a tilde over it. And it's a somewhat long filename, too - not incredibly long, but at least somewhat long:

12 - Señor Burns {From the Episode Who Shot Mr. Burns-, Pt. 2}.mp3

It worked fine.

What version of the Simple Show Builder are you using? What operating system?

All the files are located in the following places:

Audio: C:Program FilesLight-O-RamaAudio

Sequences: C:Program FilesLight-O-RamaSequences

Bob,

I'm using v1.2.0 of the Simple Show Builder. Is there a newer version? I find no mention of the program at all on the website at all. I'm running under Windows XP, latest service pack and patches.

I'm NOT using the latest version of the Light-O-Rama software due to serious problems I fould importing existing v1.6.15 sequences. It would not properly import the channel definitions and I don't have time to re-do almost 30 sequences i have created. I'll leave that until after this years show.

-Gary-