Light-O-Rama Forums

1600 vs. 1602

Guest guest

Can anyone tell me what the physical differences are between the 1600 and 1602? I know the 1602 and 2 power plugs and, I assume bigger fuses. Is it possible to upgrade a 1600 to a 1602?

Thanks

~K

The only real physical difference is that the 1600 has only one power cord and has jumpers installed to get power to the other bank of the card.

The fuses are the same. The 1600 only uses one of the two fuses installed ( the other is a spare and is not required for operation ). The fuse on the side of the power cord is used.

You can USUALLY convert a 1600 to a 1602. However there are some 1600s sold where the terminal that accepts the second power cord is not functional so you cannot install the second power cord.

Thanks, Dan. I'm note sure I will need to do this, but it would be nice to know if the need arises. Since I just got my boxes a couple of weeks ago, is there anyway to tell if a second power cord will be accepted? Something I can visually see or test to check?

Thanks again!

Kaeleb wrote:

Thanks, Dan. I'm note sure I will need to do this, but it would be nice to know if the need arises. Since I just got my boxes a couple of weeks ago, is there anyway to tell if a second power cord will be accepted? Something I can visually see or test to check?

Thanks again!

No way to tell by looking. Here is the story. Sometimes the little screw in the power-input terminal gets stripped. If that happens then we make the controller a LOR1600 because we only need one power feed. If the terminal on the unused power feed in your unit is OK (the screw is not stripped) then you are good to go.

So, if the screws on the terminal are not stripped, all that would need to be done is an additional plug would need to be added to the open input terminals and the 2 jumper wires, removed. Is this correct? Anything else I might be overlooking?

~K

Kaeleb wrote:

So, if the screws on the terminal are not stripped, all that would need to be done is an additional plug would need to be added to the open input terminals and the 2 jumper wires, removed. Is this correct? Anything else I might be overlooking?

~K
That is correct