Light-O-Rama Forums

Changed Preview by mistake, and now lost my programming for RGB Arches

TnBrockman

I am new to S5, have used S4, so this is a learning curve for me. 

My Son was helping me sequence, and he changed the preview to a different picture, added a few new props, then saved it... when I tried to change the preview back, I lost all the programming for the smart RBG arches except the Motion Effects. I am devastated as I spent hours programming certain colors and chases. Is there any way to get back the sequencing? Everything else that was sequenced is okay (LED lights no other RGB)  just my RGB Arches. 

TnBrockman

I don't know of a way, there are others that know way more than I. Do you have your auto back up on?   I did learn after a mistake to use the automatic save a copy feature. TOOLS -> Sequence Preferences -> Save Copy, recommend external drive or thumb drive, in case your computer dies. Every time I save a file, it saves a time stamped copy to my other storage location, I learned to save often. 

The Preview is saved as part of the sequence file.  I think this procedure should work. Copy the Preview to a new name (so you have a backup of it - just in case) and then delete it.  Then load an older version of the sequence (you DO have saved copies of older versions backed up - right).  That should save a Preview called something like Imported from <the sequence file name>.  Close that sequence, and then make a copy of that Imported Preview and change the name to your desired Preview.  You MAY need to tell each sequence to use the newly created Preview (even though it has the same name).

Save sequences regularly.  Every time I save, I use a new filename.  For example:  THX and Opening 2020-11-15d.  If you did not figure it out, that is my Show opener and it was the fourth (d) revision made to the file yesterday.  Save your Previews too. 

And for my entire lecture on backing up:

Thank you for your reply... question (sorry, stupid me), what do I do here: I just did not understand why the sequences for the arches were the only thing missing.... 

image.thumb.png.45571ccc109da785f18f2b14fcd010da.png

Tn,

I would start with an Auto-match by name, but save it as a new preview so you can go back if needed.   Not seeing much of the view its hard to tell if match by name or match by channel will be better for you.  

You can try both, just be sure to save it off as a different match setting.  

Oh, and of course be sure you back up your current preview so you can always get back to this point.

V/R,

Ian