Light-O-Rama Forums

Help - Need Assistance

James Hill

Early this year I moved my LOR from a laptop to a desktop and upgraded to S5. Spent time setting things up to get to programming and tackling the learning curve. Long story short. I ran a test yesterday and it failed. I ran LOR Verifier and got this message..."Application file does not exist - Msg Num 7 - Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\LOR Simple Show Builder.exe" When you click on it - it states to Uninstall and Re-install LOR.... If I do this do I have to spend all that time re-doing all my channels and drawing of props, pic of house, grid set up etc etc etc. Is there a way to save in a separate folder all these things and copy them back again. Running out of time and gotta get this fixed.

What is weird is - I have  LOR Show Editor and can add, delete, save and load a show.

Right below the first Verifier message, I also received this message but believe that is because of the first message... "Sequencer file cannot be loaded - Msg Num 24 - Users\lights\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\House Warm Up"

Please help...Christmas is coming fast!

Uninstalling does not remove your content, usually. but you should always have a backup of your LOR data folders anyway. Things happen.

I frequently uninstall and reinstall for various reasons and have never had any issues. 

You might want to consider an update to the latest version while you are at it as there have been a lot of fixes since 5.3.14.

Thanks PhilMassey. I have only installed and used LOR. Other than the sequence and music folders what other folders will I find data files that I created in LOR that require backing up?

Just right click on the lor root folder and copy the lot.

Previews, palettes and favorites are in commondata. Depending on whether you use some of the features, clipboards, keypads, and more.

There are files in network, importexport, and obviously sequences and audio if you use the defaults 

3 hours ago, James Hill said:

Application file does not exist - Msg Num 7 - Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\LOR Simple Show Builder.exe"

This funny!  Simple Show Builder does not exist any more in S5 - it was replaced with Hub.  I just looked in my Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama directory, and it's not there.

Next I ran Verifier on my Show and I do not get that error message, so I would assume that the check for SSB in Verifier has been fixed since the version you are using.  I am using 5.5.14.  As Phil said, you might want to update to current version.

I don't know if it makes a difference but I didn't uninstall and then re-install. I just clicked on the latest version and clicked save. Went through the prompts and installed. Did a test and it seems to work. Thank you for the support...I didn't want to enjoy another panic attack. LOL

Fingers crossed all goes well starting Dec. 1! Happy Lighting

55 minutes ago, James Hill said:

I don't know if it makes a difference but I didn't uninstall and then re-install.

Usually not. Sometimes safer if things aren't behaving properly, and definitely a good idea if downgrading.