Light-O-Rama Forums

Fire Effect with Pixels?

CovertRain

Might be a really dumb question but has anybody managed to get a neat fire effect with pixels?  It would be cool with my arches but not sure that is possible.  I have an extra set of Pixels (50 per port) that I am thinking I need to figure out what to do with.  I just thought having a fire effect would be cool.

1 hour ago, CovertRain said:

Might be a really dumb question but has anybody managed to get a neat fire effect with pixels?  It would be cool with my arches but not sure that is possible.  I have an extra set of Pixels (50 per port) that I am thinking I need to figure out what to do with.  I just thought having a fire effect would be cool.

I managed to get a really good effect with my singing monster trees. However on the house is a different story. I am thing at least two maybe three rows before you can get a food looking fire effect. One string just doesn't cut it. I would also stagger the rows to make it even better.

The singing threes have branches with what equates to two rows. 

You can see my singing trees with file as well as the house in the video link below. Just skip to the Ring of Fire song.

My circles with a gif of fire actually looks better but after sequencing the Ring Of Fire and the Hurricane wiping props out , repairs for Halloween came first and I didnt have time to insert gifs throughout that sequence. Next year I will make it better. This was my first Halloween with S5 so I didn't know what to expect with the fire effect.

You would probably have better luck with your arches by using a gif of a fire you like. thats what I did in the past with my circles. It looked better than the fire effect.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

On 11/12/2020 at 11:59 PM, dibblejr said:

I managed to get a really good effect with my singing monster trees. However on the house is a different story. I am thing at least two maybe three rows before you can get a food looking fire effect. One string just doesn't cut it. I would also stagger the rows to make it even better.

The singing threes have branches with what equates to two rows. 

You can see my singing trees with file as well as the house in the video link below. Just skip to the Ring of Fire song.

My circles with a gif of fire actually looks better but after sequencing the Ring Of Fire and the Hurricane wiping props out , repairs for Halloween came first and I didnt have time to insert gifs throughout that sequence. Next year I will make it better. This was my first Halloween with S5 so I didn't know what to expect with the fire effect.

You would probably have better luck with your arches by using a gif of a fire you like. thats what I did in the past with my circles. It looked better than the fire effect.

JR

That's cool.  I noticed even on your single at the peak of the roof you have a semi fire effect.  Any ideas how I can replicate that pattern?

6 hours ago, CovertRain said:

That's cool.  I noticed even on your single at the peak of the roof you have a semi fire effect.  Any ideas how I can replicate that pattern?

Its all in S5. You have to play around with the fire. I did that one on both sides in the ME design area. For next year I will make more segments to hopefully get a better effect or I will be on my roof adding a second row of pixels. I am hoping the segments work. I am not looking forward to getting up there again.

JR