Light-O-Rama Forums

How to set dimming specs

Cold45

I am now transitioning from just incandescent lights to a mix of incandescent and LED's. 

I know I have to set dimming curves for the LED's but I am confused do I set that up in S5 under the item type and if so what should I set them to. Or do I just set them up in the hardware utility section of the controller. 

Just want to make sure I have it all correct since I have some items that can fully dim, some that can partial and some that have to be strictly on/off. 

An update to this question after looking at my controllers most are generation 2 so they don't have dimming curves to be set on the board. What do I need to do to make sure my LED's don't look weird when dimmed and to make sure my pre controlled items only do on/off and never dim. 

4 minutes ago, Cold45 said:

An update to this question after looking at my controllers most are generation 2 so they don't have dimming curves to be set on the board. What do I need to do to make sure my LED's don't look weird when dimmed and to make sure my pre controlled items only do on/off and never dim. 

AFAIK

ON/Off is total care on your part. No oops like I did. 

Snubbers if you have dimming issues (not all the way off). Some folk use Glade type plugins to act as a load.