Light-O-Rama Forums

Any way to start and stop schedule with a Windows .bat file?

stollo770

Hello Everyone,

Forgive me if this was already asked, I ran a search and couldn't find it. I am looking for a way to start and stop my light-o-rama schedule with a .bat file, ideally one to "disable shows immediately" and another one to "enable schedule". The reason is because I am also doing an indoor display on my Christmas tree this year. Whenever I leave my house I'd like it to turn off by disabling the schedule. I use a ring alarm system linked up to Amazon Alexa, and I already have Alexa linked to my PC to run bat files based on various triggers, like me arming my alarm system. All I need now is a .bat file that can "disable shows immediately" and another one to "enable schedule" and I'll be all set. If someone can help me, or if anyone knows the actual windows CMD commands to control light-o-rama, I would be most grateful.

**I run S2 by the way. Been running exterior light shows since 2014 and I am afraid to change the software.

Thank you all for your time and help.

Edited by stollo770

I don't think there is any way to access the enable and disable commands other than from the menu system. there are many Windows Commands in the software but they all are pretty much concerned with parsing the metadata,. You can send batch commands from the Windows Command whenever a sequence starts but that doesn't help you much.

You might be able to find a macro builder which captures clicks and keystrokes, but it might not be very reliable.

Another thought is a power strip or outlet with software control functions which would just turn off the power to the lights upon either an Alexa or some other command. The show would continue but the lights would be off. Something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZEEFNX?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=432178372710&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=674512626998759688&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9013386&hvtargid=kwd-308073450611&ref=pd_sl_6gaoxcyj5s_e

One option is that you can swap the show file.    Basically have 2, one that has a sequence (sq1) and one that has all off (sq2) .  Copy the one you want to show.lss and the show editor will recognize its been changed and switch to the new one.   This is what the Miip app does to alter the show sequence. 

• Like 1

If you are running entirely on a LOR network, you can have a have a switch that Alexa can control that energizes a relay.  Have the relay open the two wires of your LOR network.  The LOR controllers will detect the loss of signal and shut down within a few seconds.

• Like 1

Hmmm, I have a somewhat related question, but not exactly like the one the OP mentions. First to say I have been using LOR for well over a decade and really love it.

I have several different show schedules that I run on my Windows S5 software.  Example, Christmas, Independence Day, Veterans Day, etc.  Maybe there is an easy menu selection somewhere that I don't know about to quickly select the schedule I want.  Currently, I just copy the appropriate "lsc" file into weeksched.lsc and that does what I want.  Not really a big deal to do that, but would be nice to have an easier selection menu.  So I am wondering what other people do whom may have various different schedules.  Hope I explained that to be understandable.