Light-O-Rama Forums

ELL Question...

Raine

First year adding the ELL to my show. Cat5 from the last controller in my chain to ELL 1. ELL 2 is across the street connected to a CTB16. This controller is also set up as Unit ID 01 (to mirror Unit ID 01 on my house). The channels fire correctly when I am in the HU, but dont respond at all when I run a sequence. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Version 4.4.6 Pro License

1 hour ago, Raine said:

First year adding the ELL to my show. Cat5 from the last controller in my chain to ELL 1. ELL 2 is across the street connected to a CTB16. This controller is also set up as Unit ID 01 (to mirror Unit ID 01 on my house). The channels fire correctly when I am in the HU, but dont respond at all when I run a sequence. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Version 4.4.6 Pro License

Did the show work before the ELL? Have you enabled the schedule and have a green light bulb or is it red?

59 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

What is the speed of the network?  And, is it Enhanced or Non-Enhanced?

Regular network, 56k speed.

3 hours ago, k6ccc said:

What is the speed of the network?  And, is it Enhanced or Non-Enhanced?

I don't think ELL's can do Enhanced Jim, since they are also limited in speed to not more than 115K and a non-enhanced network, if I recall the documentation I read on them just about a week or so ago.

do the settings (Found Com# ) match what the Network Utility shows for Regular?

Since you said it worked (was this your side or both sides of the ELL?) we can eliminate lack of ELL power if both sides.

If only the Near side works, investigate Powering the ELL boxes (they get it from the closest Wired controller)

I've used ELL's before, not now, but I never mirrored any controller ID's and they worked just fine for the most part. My issue was radio interference from somewhere unknown. It caused channels on their own to do their own thing so I finally gave up on them.

9 hours ago, Orville said:

I don't think ELL's can do Enhanced Jim, since they are also limited in speed to not more than 115K and a non-enhanced network, if I recall the documentation I read on them just about a week or so ago.

Correct - non-enhanced only.  Hence the reason I asked.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Correct - non-enhanced only.  Hence the reason I asked.

Got it.  You query kind of threw me, I figured you might have added something extra to your question, as in "if set to enhanced, that won't work."  So it had me thinking maybe you didn't know ELL's couldn't do enhanced.   That's why I {and JR} always say a little more info always helps to clear up any confusion or misconceptions for the end reader of these comments at times.  Just would've helped me not to have posted the response I did.

• The topic was locked