Light-O-Rama Forums

Transferring some files from one year to another.

Enchanted Springs

Last year, somebody else did this particular light show and now I have inherited it.  I am a newbie.  We want to change most of the songs but there a couple I would like to keep with the same programming.  How do I keep them for this year's show.  I havent figured out a way to copy and paste.  Thanks 

2 hours ago, Enchanted Springs said:

Last year, somebody else did this particular light show and now I have inherited it.  I am a newbie.  We want to change most of the songs but there a couple I would like to keep with the same programming.  How do I keep them for this year's show.  I havent figured out a way to copy and paste.  Thanks 

Did you get the other persons entire computer, controllers and all?

Copy paste is easy if you have the correct and same channel config.

If you have your own lights and configuration (display layout) you will have to figure out which looks best in your display.

You can either draw your house and props or just props in the Animation screen built within S4 - open SE, View, Animation'

Or you can do the same thing in the visualizer, a little more complicated but very useful for new people once they figure out how to use it.

JR

As for JR's questions, one more:  

Did you also inherit the exact display elements that went with those sequences?  If so, then keeping the same sequence and elements won't be a big issue.     Nothing would need to be done, if setting everything up exactly as in the sequence.  Otherwise, changes or a creation of a new sequence will be required.

But doing new songs is a different ballgame entirely.   You just can't take a sequence for one song and copy it into another "different" song{even if it's a different version of the song, it probably won't work.   You'll have to sequence any new or different/different veersion songs completely from scratch as it's doubtful they will work in an existing sequence. 

Mainly due to the songs tempo/beat and lyrics are not going to match up, as well as the song may be a different length, even if it's the same length, doubtful it will match up exactly due to these factors.   All of which will make for a horrible looking sequence.

I appreciate the replies.  I have all of the old stuff on the laptop and controllers.  I dont believe we will be changing the light configuration.  Itll be totally different songs and I was not going to try to use the old sequences with the new.  So if I want to start a new song but want to use the same "template".  I dont know what that one was called so Im not sure what to put in the box for saved channel configuration and I really dont know how many channels used.  Is there a way to see the sequence options of old songs?  Thanks again.  I may have bitten off more than I can chew but Im going to give it a shot.  

1 hour ago, Enchanted Springs said:

I appreciate the replies.  I have all of the old stuff on the laptop and controllers.  I dont believe we will be changing the light configuration.  Itll be totally different songs and I was not going to try to use the old sequences with the new.  So if I want to start a new song but want to use the same "template".  I dont know what that one was called so Im not sure what to put in the box for saved channel configuration and I really dont know how many channels used.  Is there a way to see the sequence options of old songs?  Thanks again.  I may have bitten off more than I can chew but Im going to give it a shot.  

In SE (0ld unit):Load an old sequence that uses/has all the channels: EDIT: Export/Import  Channel Configuration: Export...

On the new system Do the IMPORT part of this for every NEW sequence you start (before you do anything else)