Light-O-Rama Forums

File Size question

Jay Czerwinski

I'm in a bind trying to make a sequence for my kids before I take down my Halloween display next week.   So I used the Instant Sequence feature for 8 strands of 50 pixel CCPs.   After importing in to S5 Sequencer, things are REALLY slow and I noticed the file size of the sequence for a 2 minute song is 141Mb.

Other than a super sluggish SE program, are there other concerns I should be having?    How big are your largest file sizes?

Thank you for your time in advance!  

I haven't come across a file size limit and I have a few sequences that are over 30gb. For sequencing you need a much faster computer then playing the show and the more complex the sequence the better computer you need.

• Like 1

Motion effects are complex and  often take a while to render between adjustments and at load up. If you click on the green circle next to the Preview name at top left, it will pause the intensity calcs during editing which may speed things up for you a little. You will have to turn it back on before saving though.

3 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Motion effects are complex and  often take a while to render between adjustments and at load up. If you click on the green circle next to the Preview name at top left, it will pause the intensity calcs during editing which may speed things up for you a little. You will have to turn it back on before saving though.

Thanks and noted.  However, I am not sure i am using motion effects.   I am still sequencing the traditional way and cutting and pasting sequence from superstar to CCD channels.  

1 hour ago, Jay Czerwinski said:

Thanks and noted.  However, I am not sure i am using motion effects.   I am still sequencing the traditional way and cutting and pasting sequence from superstar to CCD channels.  

SS is also long in rendering. Also if using custom props with the custom grid, if that prop is really large reducing the size when done placing nodes will greatly reduce the time it takes to render. I learned this with my custom props.

I also sequence manually as well but when under the gun I combined ME, SS, and manual sequencing to speed things up.

JR