Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Matrix Valuable Lesson Learned Today

dibblejr

I'm not going to say how long it took me to figure it out and that by the time I figured it out I was ready to chop my nice 1200 node 3x5 mini matrix in to pieces.

Nor how many friends I texted or called to vent and pick knowledge from.

But I will say.

If you have a DMX controller that offers a zigzag, snake or fold setting and you are using S5, do not, DO NOT and DO NOT use the "FOLD" feature built in S5 together with the controller similar setting. Use one or the other but not both.

You will have problems and no hair by the end of the day.

This could also happen with any other props while using similar settings, such as a CCR Tree.

Hope this helps someone else. 

Now after the storms go away I get to drag the matrix back out to its place in my show and re set it up. LOL

This was not an LOR fault, this was my own demise of first knowing just enough about S5 and just enough about a DMX controller to provide me with hours of enjoyment. Yes, I am laughing now.

Happy Lighting

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Yep.  Fix it one place - not both.

Glad you got it figured out - finally.

And Go Dodgers!!!!!  World Champions!

8 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Yep.  Fix it one place - not both.

Glad you got it figured out - finally.

And Go Dodgers!!!!!  World Champions!

I have asked the power that be if we could see this some place, preferably in parenthesis next to the fold option in S5. No one reads the manuals and I wouldnt have known where to begin to search for this particular trouble shooting steps. But I did search for folds, snakes and zigzags.

It will not help me but may save the engineers a few HD tickets and user frustrations.

JR