Light-O-Rama Forums

A few good sequences

Philbd

Hi ladies and gents, i just managed to repair my 64 channel LOR system after it was damaged by vandals, they pulled the data cables so hard they broke the connectors off all 4 boards. once i managed to repair them i discovered my computer (windows 7) would not allow me to upgrade LOR from 2.10 to 4.6.when i tried 4.6 wouldnt work and now 2.10 was corrupted so i lost all of my sequences i changed computers but my backup removable mini drive would not function either. i am working on some new sequences but i will only be able to get a few done before show time sooooo i was wondering if i might be able to get a few shares to help out they will only be used on my system and i will not distribute to anyone else. i have a 64 channel system and anything you might be able to share will be appricated i do not  have pixels or talking trees or faces. 

thank you

Phil

Philbd45@icloud.com

What kind of songs are you looking for.  I do have many sequences I picked up from other people from 2006-2014 that I think I could share.  I mean they placed them out there to share to everyone so assume it would be fine.  Can't share anything I purchased but some of the ones I picked up the web sites I got them from haven't been update in years so they could be long gone.  Just don't want to get bitched at for sharing other peoples work,  Just seemed years ago people were much less touchy.

3 hours ago, overeazy said:

What kind of songs are you looking for.  I do have many sequences I picked up from other people from 2006-2014 that I think I could share.  I mean they placed them out there to share to everyone so assume it would be fine.  Can't share anything I purchased but some of the ones I picked up the web sites I got them from haven't been update in years so they could be long gone.  Just don't want to get bitched at for sharing other peoples work,  Just seemed years ago people were much less touchy.

This is part of the problem.

If someone shares a sequence with you, you should at least give them the respect to not share with others without their permission.

This is why James and I do not share our new work and are contemplating not sharing anything again.

We try to help people out but people like you make not worth it, comes off as .... you fill in your blank.

If you think it’s touchy you probably do not sequence anything yourself, spending hours doing so. Then it starts getting sold or others take the credit for your work.

Jame Morris , here’s one to add.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

12 hours ago, dibblejr said:

This is part of the problem.

If someone shares a sequence with you, you should at least give them the respect to not share with others without their permission.

This is why James and I do not share our new work and are contemplating not sharing anything again.

We try to help people out but people like you make not worth it, comes off as .... you fill in your blank.

If you think it’s touchy you probably do not sequence anything yourself, spending hours doing so. Then it starts getting sold or others take the credit for your work.

Jame Morris , here’s one to add.

JR

People like me?  Well at least you recognized yourself in my post and please I don't need help from someone that feels the need to be recognized.  I mean is that why you do it?  So people can give you recognition?  And yes it is really hard to give someone recognition when they simply posted them to LOR sequence sharing web sites without attaching their name to them.  But of course they were just happy to help someone out and not looking for recognition.  And I was here doing this for 10 years before you even got your toe's wet doing it and I can see how times and people have changed since my return and not so much for the good I think.  I have 20 controllers and 16 ribbons so yes I do know a little something about sequencing.  And yes I have purchased and have no problems for those that want to be paid for their expertise.  In those purchases it was with the understanding that i would not share them and I never would but not once did they instruct me to make sure I gave them RECOGNITION for their work.  No I don't think your touchy, you just come off as_______ you fill in the blank.

Duane

Any sequence I created myself and shared has my name in it as the sequencer.  Most sequences I have received from others also has their name embedded in the sequence when you open it in the SE and View sequence details, it lists who created it and other information.   If I copy or use any part of someone else's sequence in MY sequence by just copying their sequence info into the part I need, I don't share it UNLESS permission was given before I did so.  Or if I don't use it, but create a completely different setting, only using theirs as a template to help me program what I'm trying to do a little more precisely, then the full sequence would be mine, because I did not duplicate or just copy and paste any of their work into mine.

It's the polite, courteous and proper thing to do.

Why has it come to this? Like JR and James Morris will also tell you, because people have been taking SHARED sequences from others, re-saving them with their name or alias by just changing the sequence information details, and then they are being found for sale on E-Bay and other sites as "their own work", when it IS NOT!

So it's not being touchy or overly-sensitive, it's being cautious because of a few bad, unscrupulous types that do this stuff.

I used to share my own created sequences just as freely as others here did, but with the way these scumbags have started operating and making money off others work, and then claiming it as their own, this is what has made many of us stop this practice without adding in disclaimers that the end user requesting or wanting the sequence now has to post with their request.

Sadly this is what is has come to because of those bad apples that have ruined the entire barrel.

3 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

I miss George.  He would often have something wise yet snarky and funny to say to threads like this. 

Me too Bob.  I don't even know if George had left the LOR forums {never saw any posts about him leaving here} or possibly just lurking about here in the shadows {and if so, that must be real hard for George NOT to chime in on some of this stuff!}. LOL   As George most often always had some wise crack remark on some of my posts.   Believe it or not, I actually miss George's retorts on my comments after I finally learned to live with them. LOL 

Haven't seen anything from George Simmons for a long while now, especially since he used to promote his sequencing work for a fee here every year.  

Hope all is okay with him and his family.

Best of Luck to your George, where ever you may be now.

• The topic was locked