Light-O-Rama Forums

Video playback shifts after first sequence plays normally

RemySoHo

Hi All, first year having a show and I am experiencing a little hiccup.  I have 3 sequences that use video playback to a second video source for a projection to 3 signing pumpkins.  In the show and even in Sequence Editor, after the initial sequence plays normally, the next sequence with video playback shifts up and left causing a misalignment with the pumpkins (singing faces are projected on the pumpkins).

If I close out of Sequence Editor and shut down LOR and make sure all LOR programs are closed, I can reopen the Sequence Editor or play a show and again, the first sequence with video plays perfectly but the subsequent shows get shifted up and left every time.  Has anyone experienced this and know a remedy?  

i was trying that also, but mine will play fine on the first singing pumpkins song, but will shut down on the second..... I'm getting a error every time when the second sequence starts, but like i said the first one is fine....

I'ver tried just about everything I can think of...Used 2 different monitors and it does the same thing on those as well.  Played the MP4 files in a different video player and it plays fine.  I'm fairly certain because it happens in both Sequence Editor and the show that it has to be something within LOR.   Still trying to figure it out but, no matter what settings I modify outside of the sequences, nothing fixes it.

I discovered that it is definitely the 2nd monitor with the extended display option that is causing the issue. The only workaround I found was instead of extending the display to the 2nd monitor was to duplicate the original monitor.  It played perfectly every time the video file launched.  I'm curious if LOR has a bug or if there is some setting buried somewhere????

How recent is the video card / computer, Have you checked for updated graphics drivers. Laptop or desktop

It's a new, 2019 laptop, all updated.  It's running HDMI out to the projector.  It's not the HDMI signal, graphics card or projector as I can play other video files to the second monitor without it shifting.  It's specific to LOR.