Light-O-Rama Forums

Help using S5 adding a 16 ccr tree to existing displays

marty h

Good morning and thanks in advance for any advice or direction. 

I just recently converted to S5.  I got my preview all done and have all of my sequences working correctly.  I am adding a 16 ccr Super Star Ribbon Tree this year.   What is the best way or ways to add this to my existing shows?

Thanks again for the help. 

Marty

You can add a 16 CCR tree within the preview as a new Tree prop or you can also import a superstar tree prop. 

You can take advantage of the motion effects to sequence your new tree as well as the superstar sequencer.  You will need a licence for superstar or you may need to upgrade your license to be able to sequence 16 CCRs in superstar. You can purchase or upgrade from the LOR store software page. 

If you’re not interested in sequencing your tree you can find some great sequences on superstarlights.com as well as holidaysequences.com 

Hope this helps you out a bit. 

Hello Again 

I have the pro license already.  I have the newest version of S5 5.5.8.   I already have the ccr tre in my preview.  When I converted all of my old sequences the ccr tree isn't there.  

I sequenced it in super star.  Not sure what I am missing on the motion effect row to add tree from super star.  

Thank you for your time. 

Marty

2 hours ago, marty h said:

Hello Again 

I have the pro license already.  I have the newest version of S5 5.5.8.   I already have the ccr tre in my preview.  When I converted all of my old sequences the ccr tree isn't there.  

I sequenced it in super star.  Not sure what I am missing on the motion effect row to add tree from super star.  

Thank you for your time. 

Marty

Do you have the superstar .sup files on your computer somewhere? If so you can re add the sequencing by using the select tool and select the motion effect row of the tree, right click and add superstar effect. Superstar will open. Click file-open then select the .sup file for that sequence... X out of superstar and sequencer will ask you if you want to accept the changes from superstar. Select yes. 

Let me know if this helps 

Good Morning

Yes I do have the SS files.  If I start a new sequence the add SS effect option is there.  If I go into the sequences I converted from s4 to s5 that option is not available. 

These sequences are some I bought from Lightoram in the past years.  Im thinking maybe I'll have to upgrade the sequences to include the motion pack. 

What do you think?

Thanks again,  Marty

Just as a side note to this conversation, upgrade to 5.5.10. Version 5.5.8 had a significant bug and was recalled shortly after release. 

16 hours ago, marty h said:

Good Morning

Yes I do have the SS files.  If I start a new sequence the add SS effect option is there.  If I go into the sequences I converted from s4 to s5 that option is not available. 

These sequences are some I bought from Lightoram in the past years.  Im thinking maybe I'll have to upgrade the sequences to include the motion pack. 

What do you think?

Thanks again,  Marty

I am unclear what you mean by “that option is not there”. Can you take a screenshot and post it of what you are referring too. If you could also post a screenshot of your grid view where you can see the CCR tree row that would be great. Then I’ll be able to see more of what you’re talking about. I think I know the issue, the screenshot will confirm. 

And just like Aubrey said update your software to .10. If you don’t want to upgrade then downgrade to .6. There is a crashing issue with .8. 

one thing i learned last night. if i have a sequence already built out and decide to add a new prop/fixture/channels to the preview, it does not add the new prop/fixture/channels to the sequence. i had to create a new sequence and the new pieces were there. then had to open the old and new at same time and copy/paste the old sequence into the new sequence.

1 minute ago, gc75067 said:

one thing i learned last night. if i have a sequence already built out and decide to add a new prop/fixture/channels to the preview, it does not add the new prop/fixture/channels to the sequence. i had to create a new sequence and the new pieces were there. then had to open the old and new at same time and copy/paste the old sequence into the new sequence.

You can export that grid view. Open a new sequence, assign the Preview and then import the new preview.

PhilMassey taught me that along with a few weeks of other stuff.

JR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1