Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence PC to Show PC

~DOC~

I just update my desk top to S5 and I am trying to transfer the show to it. My problem comes with assignment of my controllers on the show PC. Will I need to start set up again in HU for each controller. None of the comm ports match up between the lap top and the desktop. I liked to be able to interchange Seamlessly between the show PC and sequence building laptop. Is that possible?

Addresses for the controllers are independent of the software version you run. The controllers don't really care (to an extent) what version of software you run. You 100% do not need to re-address the controllers just because you upgraded software. What are you trying to set up in the HWU for each controller on S5?

COM port assignment doesn't change when you copy a sequence between machines. Once you setup the COM ports on the show machine, you are done. (Unless you disconnect a USB, reassign, etc.) Once you assign, for example, AUXA to COM5 on the show machine, then that's it. It's done. Won't have to mess with it again.

1 hour ago, Don said:

Addresses for the controllers are independent of the software version you run. The controllers don't really care (to an extent) what version of software you run. You 100% do not need to re-address the controllers just because you upgraded software. What are you trying to set up in the HWU for each controller on S5?

COM port assignment doesn't change when you copy a sequence between machines. Once you setup the COM ports on the show machine, you are done. (Unless you disconnect a USB, reassign, etc.) Once you assign, for example, AUXA to COM5 on the show machine, then that's it. It's done. Won't have to mess with it again.

I think I worded this incorrectly and or just confusing myself. JR the other week we assigned all my controllers over to my laptop. At the time my desktop was busted. 

Now that I have my desk top back and upgraded it to S5 I want transfer show responsibility over to the desk top allowing me to utilize my laptop for continuing to make sequences without interrupting my lights. 

On the laptop we setup as follows

port 3

AC controller 1 unit ID 1, AC Controller 2 unit ID 2, and then the Pixie 2 as unit ID 3 &4. All on regular

POrt 4

pixie16 (1) unit ID 10, aux A

Port 5

pixie16(2) unit ID 20 Aux B

Port 6

pixie16(3) unit ID 30 Aux C

When I tried to setup desktop up I get 

port 1, 4,5,6 and no controllers show. No lights work either. All sequences / preview were transferred ok but can’t communicate with the controllers.

I like to easily switch back and forth between laptop and desktop but not sure how to do. 

In the LOR network utility, are the COM ports defined for Reg, AuxA,B,C? That would be the place I'd start.

Copying sequences between machines isn't a problem. (Disclaimer: Most of the time, depends on where/how you store your audio files.) What it looks like here is 'just' a network issue, somewhere.

2 hours ago, Don said:

In the LOR network utility, are the COM ports defined for Reg, AuxA,B,C? That would be the place I'd start.

Copying sequences between machines isn't a problem. (Disclaimer: Most of the time, depends on where/how you store your audio files.) What it looks like here is 'just' a network issue, somewhere.

I am sure I did that, but since I unhooked I will have to re hook everything and check to be sure. I am pretty sure I changed network preferences to 

reg

aux a 

aux b

aux c

plus enhance on all

give me a few this will take some time tomorrow. 

No rush.

Remember, unplugging and reconnecting USB's can *sometimes* cause their COM port to change. So if you are switching a set of 4 USB's between machines, they might change when you reconnect them. (Again, *sometimes* and "might" are the key words there.)