Light-O-Rama Forums

Clip Suggestion to Hold 1/2 PVC Conduit

Star Lord

I plan to attach my C7 bulbs to 1/2" PVC conduit with zip ties for quick installation and removal.  When attaching around door and window frames, what clips would you suggest that are weather proof that I could leave up all year.

Thanks,

James

1 hour ago, Star Lord said:

I plan to attach my C7 bulbs to 1/2" PVC conduit with zip ties for quick installation and removal.  When attaching around door and window frames, what clips would you suggest that are weather proof that I could leave up all year.

Thanks,

James

Ha! 😄 Metal rusts. Plastic dies in the direct sun.

Anyone tried Magnets?  There are recessed ones used on furniture like this https://www.zoro.com/monroe-pmp-magnetic-catch-pull-to-open-aluminum-4fcy2/i/G2771361/

(not a fan of this vendor :( , but this is an idea . )

36 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I have had these clips from HC on my eaves for the last seven years as my eave lights stay up year round.

https://www.holidaycoro.com/Half-Inch-Lexan-Pipe-Mounting-Clip-p/770.htm

Yours hold up better than mine. Mine break every time I remove anything.

Even the ones inside on my garage wall where I have my test props.

I hate to see what happens when I have to change a light from my roof after 4 years of total exposure.

As long as I don’t touch them they should be fine.

i used to make my own out of pvc T’s or whatever I had. Got lazy and tried the coro ones. 

JR

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Yours hold up better than mine. Mine break every time I remove anything.

Even the ones inside on my garage wall where I have my test props.

I hate to see what happens when I have to change a light from my roof after 4 years of total exposure.

As long as I don’t touch them they should be fine.

i used to make my own out of pvc T’s or whatever I had. Got lazy and tried the coro ones. 

JR

I agree. Not all of mine break but the ones that are in direct sunlight almost always break when I remove something. I have several of the pvc clips but have yet to use them.